Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clutz84

Ovral BC....Badddd idea!

Hi, iam 22 years old and had good skin from about 16 till now. In about mid oct my doc started me on a new bc pill, ovral 21 just for period related stuff. Before that i had been on alesse, tri-cyclen, and the patch. When i was on those i had pretty much clear skin, couple pimple here and there but no big deal. Now that iam on this ovral(well not anymore, i threw it in the garnage this morning) my face is soooo bad, i have acne all over my right check and chin.ewwwwww. So i was wondering if anyone else experienced something like this when they were on ovral? And if i go back to tri-cyclen will it help?

P.S any type of info or advice would help. thanks

BCPs work differently for everybody. Unfortunately there is no "best" pill out there, it all depends on the individual. It's very much a trial and error process. There are some pills that seem to work for "most" people but you really have to try for yourself. I break out badly from pills that are supposed to be good for acne.

BCPs work differently for everybody. Unfortunately there is no "best" pill out there, it all depends on the individual. It's very much a trial and error process. There are some pills that seem to work for "most" people but you really have to try for yourself. I break out badly from pills that are supposed to be good for acne.

I am breaking out badly right now (for the last two months) on Ortho Tri-cyclen. And, it's making me crazy. I need to get off of it, but am terrified of the effects...

Any advice???

Thanks!

I am breaking out badly right now (for the last two months) on Ortho Tri-cyclen. And, it's making me crazy. I need to get off of it, but am terrified of the effects...

Any advice???

Thanks!

like mentioned above BC works different for everyone.

I was on tri-nessa and that destroyed my chin for while..even though it's suppose to be the generic form of OTC. I learned that generics can be up to 20% different in ingredients (my aunt is a nurse) compared to the name brand and it just so happened that whatever was different in Tri-Nessa was bad, bad, bad for me.

I guess now all you can do is go back to the Dr. or wait for things to clear up. Sorry this happened t you. Going on the pill is seriously like a crap shoot..