Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dysfunctional

Can I apply different topical creams together?

I've been using Lustra (Hydroquione USP 4%) and Meladerm (Kojic acid) to cure brown spots on my cheeks for a week and so far no significant improvement yet. I apply Lustra first and wait for 5 minutes and then apply Meladerm on top of Lustra. Will this help accelerate the results or should I alternate each one at a time? I like the effect of Meladerm which seems to make my skin look healthy and moisturized since Lustra makes my skin a little red.

Also how long does the effectiveness of topical cream last on one face? Is it better to rinse it off every 3-4 hours and reapply or leave it on for a whole day?

Appreicate any input.

i wouldn't know the answer to your first question, but regarding your second, you should deffinately not rinse every 3-4 hours

every skin care advice you can find anywhere tells you not to wash your face more than 2x a day to use your products morning and evening only, after washing

hope that helps

I've been using Lustra (Hydroquione USP 4%) and Meladerm (Kojic acid) to cure brown spots on my cheeks for a week and so far no significant improvement yet. I apply Lustra first and wait for 5 minutes and then apply Meladerm on top of Lustra. Will this help accelerate the results or should I alternate each one at a time? I like the effect of Meladerm which seems to make my skin look healthy and moisturized since Lustra makes my skin a little red.

Also how long does the effectiveness of topical cream last on one face? Is it better to rinse it off every 3-4 hours and reapply or leave it on for a whole day?

Appreicate any input.

My skin guy gave me a compound that mixed hydroquinone, retin-A, vit C serum, Kojic acid, and something else all together. I'm seeing slight improvement.