Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clandestine_guy

How to stop Dandruff Nothing works...

So in cold seasons my dandruff gets worse. My hair is naturally dry but it gets all greasy, starts to have this weird smell and flakes.

I tried Celsum Blue, different kinds of H&S, Pantene, and tons of other popular stuff but it doesn't help.

Even after like 5 mins after a shower, my hair starts to get like a smell to it and has tons of flaking..

Any help?

Sounds like you have seborrheic dermatitis. Their are several shampoos on the market that treat this well with consistent use. Neutrogena makes a coal tar shampoo and Nizoral is also a good brand. You need something with an anti-fungal action. Your doctor can also prescibe something if OTC treatments don't work.

baking soda paste is the answer for dandruff

Can you give me more details on how this paste is made and how to use it??

Thanks

Sounds like you have seborrheic dermatitis. Their are several shampoos on the market that treat this well with consistent use. Neutrogena makes a coal tar shampoo and Nizoral is also a good brand. You need something with an anti-fungal action. Your doctor can also prescibe something if OTC treatments don't work.

What exactly is "seborrheic dermatitis" and what made you assume that I might have that and not just some regular adndruff problme? You said I need to use anti-Fungal action, but I don't have like fungus or something like that in my scalp.

Thanks

pretty simple...wet your hair while your in the shower...pour baking soda into your hand rub it into your hair ..you may need a haircut (cut short) before you do that to get full effect...rub the baking soda into your head real good..you may need to repeat it twice..

What exactly is "seborrheic dermatitis" and what made you assume that I might have that and not just some regular adndruff problme? You said I need to use anti-Fungal action, but I don't have like fungus or something like that in my scalp.

That's what dandruff is - the form of seborrheic dermatitis that effects the scalp. There is fungus on your scalp - indeed on everyone's scalp, and an inflammatory response to those fungi is implicated in dandruff. The most effective anti-dandruff shampoos have anti-fungal action.

Oh man, I always sturggled with dandruff esp. my teen years. Nothing ever worked either it be head and shoulders or presription shampoo. The only thing that did work was nizoral. Its a little expensive but you dont use it everyday though. It actually says only to use it 2 times a week and no more. Anyhow, after using the shampoo for a month my dandruff literally stopped. Then, it came back because of accutane and then I started using it again. Now, it's completely vansihed so I just use regular shapmoo. http://www.nizoral.com/ THat is their website you can check the details there. I buy mine from walgreens ;)

Oh man, I always sturggled with dandruff esp. my teen years. Nothing ever worked either it be head and shoulders or presription shampoo. The only thing that did work was nizoral. Its a little expensive but you dont use it everyday though. It actually says only to use it 2 times a week and no more. Anyhow, after using the shampoo for a month my dandruff literally stopped. Then, it came back because of accutane and then I started using it again. Now, it's completely vansihed so I just use regular shapmoo. http://www.nizoral.com/ THat is their website you can check the details there. I buy mine from walgreens ;)

Hey thanks, I ran out today and got the Nizoral, hope it will really help. My logic is that if the price is high it gotta be good! :cool:

I alternate between using nizoral and netrugena's T-Sal they really work only thing is they are really harsh on hair so i also use regular dandruff shampoo like garnier fructise, lore l vive, or ones like that.