Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Agoraphobia

one acne product you would recommend

Thought this could be beneficial for everyone. Just tell us you're acne situation (mild, severe, etc) and what meds you're on and the product you suggest. keep it to one.

I have severe acne and im also on accutane. The one thing that has really helped me is Aubrey's organics Seabuckthorn and Ester-C with Cucumber cleanser. I've tried almost every med and every topical and this is by far the best i have tried. If nothings workin right now for you i would highly suggest it

hi

i have moderate acne and have been on the DKR since may 2006. recently i added Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil into my regimen before Dan's BP and it is a great boost in the bp's efectivness because jojoba oil carries the bp deeper into the pores allowing it to be more effective. it causes break outs and redness at first (just like starting the regimen completely does, since it's entering new areas) but soon goes away.

I would recommend tea tree oil for spot treatment. there's been nothing that's worked better.

i used to think people were crazy to put oil on their faces, but if you haven't tried it..it's def. worth it

I would recommend tea tree oil for spot treatment. there's been nothing that's worked better.

i used to think people were crazy to put oil on their faces, but if you haven't tried it..it's def. worth it

I 100% agree TTO.

Until a year ago I had quite bad acne. I had a bad mix of naturally dry skin and acne so most of the treatments just aggrivated my eczema. However, last year I stopped using moisturisers with lanolin and saw a big mprovement. In the last 6 months I have started making up salt scrubs using sea and epsom salts and, again, big improvement. Nearly all of them have gone. I've recently discovered that clearasil have added salt to one of their products and have been using this for the past month. It is pretty great stuff and doesn't dry my skin which I was very surprised by as I alway thoughts Clearisil was rubbish stuff. Now I wouldn't trade it for anything

Until a year ago I had quite bad acne. I had a bad mix of naturally dry skin and acne so most of the treatments just aggrivated my eczema. However, last year I stopped using moisturisers with lanolin and saw a big mprovement. In the last 6 months I have started making up salt scrubs using sea and epsom salts and, again, big improvement. Nearly all of them have gone. I've recently discovered that clearasil have added salt to one of their products and have been using this for the past month. It is pretty great stuff and doesn't dry my skin which I was very surprised by as I alway thoughts Clearisil was rubbish stuff. Now I wouldn't trade it for anything

hi please could you tell me which clearasil product you use thanks

i would recommend eating chicken and drinking koolaid and relaxing and not obsess our whole lives. its just GOD didnt put us here to worry about our pimples and scars but to enjoy the life he gave us sorry but its true WE are all obsessing including myself. I want to stop and i think its possible if we can just give it up.

For anyone with inflammatory acne I would suggest benzaclin or duac. That cleared my cystic acne up when I used it DKR style.

Now I have a few comedones and for comedal acne I would say Paula's choice 2% liquid.

Sorry I don't follow directions well!

The best acne product I've found is a tea. I bought it at a health food store but its available online too. Its called Flora Herbal Tea Clear Complexion. I've been using it for about a month and I dont break out as much. Its not a cure but it defintely prevents new acne. I also like sulfur/resorcinol medications. You can find the tea at health food stores or google it to find it on the web. On the flora web site its currently sold out.

https://shopping.florahealth.com/products.a...p;productid=150

I wash with Basis bar, wait 15 min., apply 50/50 vinager and water, wait 10 minutes, then apply 10% BP persagel by clean and clear, and wait 15 minutes, and then apply ponds moisturizer. Works great! I have had acne since I was 14, now 26, I never seen such an improvement!

I have mild/moderate comedonal acne with the occasional inflammation.

Best liquid Cleanser: J&J Head-to-Toe (extremely gentle and awesome eye makeup remover since its no-more-tears :boogie: ) Does not overdry and foams up just enough. Plus its dirt cheap and easy to get your hands on.

Best Bar (non)soap: Dove sensitive skin (very very nice)

Best Spot Treat for the flareups or after picking: Hydrocortisone 1% Cream w/ aloe (in moderation!)

Best Mask (reduces those inflamed spots from picking): Honey & Aspirin allllll the way. There have been times I ATTACKED my face for 1hr+ and then needed to go out in public for one reason or another and this stuff is soooooosososos amazing.

Best Exfoliator: Pure cane sugar - makes your skin soft as a babys butt (be gentle though, and just mix a little with water after washing your face and rinse well), and unlike Baking soda it doesnt F up your pH balance. No joke...try it! One time and you'll be sold (do it at night and the next day you'll see what I mean, but the softness is immediate)

Best BHA: Paulas Choice 2% Gel BY FAR

Best BP: Dans!

This is after spending tons, I mean TONS of money on every product on the frickin market.

i would recommend eating chicken and drinking koolaid and relaxing and not obsess our whole lives. its just GOD didnt put us here to worry about our pimples and scars but to enjoy the life he gave us sorry but its true WE are all obsessing including myself. I want to stop and i think its possible if we can just give it up.

Dan's BP. It's far more gentle than even the OTC products with the same amount of medication, absorbs quicker, and yet (maybe because of that), works to prevent blemishes for me. I have mild acne.

Apple Cider Vinegar for marks

Jojoba Oil for moisturizer

Honey as a spot treatment and for marks

Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque

Sugar to exfoliate

and last but not least...

SUNSCREEN!

Thought this could be beneficial for everyone. Just tell us you're acne situation (mild, severe, etc) and what meds you're on and the product you suggest. keep it to one.

I have severe acne and im also on accutane. The one thing that has really helped me is Aubrey's organics Seabuckthorn and Ester-C with Cucumber cleanser. I've tried almost every med and every topical and this is by far the best i have tried. If nothings workin right now for you i would highly suggest it

My vote goes to Dalacin T for its efficiency and ease of use. It in itself doesn't do it for me, but I used it in conjunction with Accutance, which is the real magic.