Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everybody! I have a major problem on my face (yeah besides the acne) but yesterday night before going to sleep I put on a 10% BP solution and left it on overnight. I put a little bit on my chin and on my cheek (as a spot treatment) and I woke up to find the spots really RED and inflamed. This is not the first time that I have used 10% BP (or even left it on overnight) and this is the first time that it has gotten so red. Will the red go away?!? and how long will it take? thanks for any responses or information from personal happenings (because it looks like I got sunburned on only two parts of my face #-o )

Did you rub the BP in? And if so, did you do it gently? Letting it sit on your skin will do nothing or simply irritate the area. Try icing the BP next time or using even less. Actually, scratch that, use 2.5% BP! Ten percent might have been too strong for your skin.

Thanks for the reply Fugazi. I thought I rubbed it in, but I guess not enough. I just want to know if it will go away [-o< or how long it will take if it will go away. My face has been like this since this morning and it's freaking me out. Thanks for the reply tho.

Guest agentx

i dunno how fugazi forgot to mention this but some people are allergic to BP ... if so stop using it IMMEDIATELY ... i havent used BP ... just browse around to see if u`re allergic ... till then i STRONGLY recommend u do not put BP on ur face.

CheerS!

10% is too darn strong for almost everyone.....and this is almost your first use.....why did you pick such a high concentration?

The redness will subdue within a day or two. But if you want it to go away faster, go to CVS or any pharmacy near you and get hydrocortisone 0.5% cream, apply a very thin coat of that cream on your face. Those redness should be gone within 2-3 hours.

warning...Don't use vaseline petroleum jelly on your inflammed skin. People might tell you to use this thing but don't. It might calm your face down a bit but it slow down the healing process.