Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brian37

making another DERM appointment...

well I went to the derm oct 30 (been 24 days today) and was prescribed doxy, benzaclin and a cleanser called plexion, my derm said wait 2 months if this doesnt work i'll put you on accutane and I know damn well this stuff isnt working/isnt going to work (making me look worse). my face is tearing me apart to the point where I stopped going to school (college) cause of it and its sooooo hard to look people in the eyes knowing they see my acne. I basically just want to hide from everyone even my best friends... I want to make another derm appointment to sit down and tell her how acne is controling my life and how I want to hide from the world hoping she feels my pain and puts me on accutane. anyone ever do this? im a 22 year old guy and at times I just want to sit here and cry... yeah yeah I know men aren't suppose to cry but thats how much acne has taking over my life... at times I don't even wanna be in front of my own family members cause of this. any tips to get my derm to give me accutane and not wait the 2 months? thanks.

im going to call their office tomorrow and hopefully they're open otherwise I have to wait till monday. anyways happy thanksgiving everyone!

I honestly think it's worth just waiting the two months. By the time you shop around and wait for an appointment with a derm that's more liberal with prescribing Accutane, you could have just waited for your appointment with this one. If you call, make an appointment for around two months after your last appointment, and let your derm see your skin at that date. In the grand scheme of things, what's another month?

keep your appointment with your other derm, but still call around to get in sooner.

if you find another derm to get you in sooner then just cancel the other appt.

this way you at least know you already got a derm appt and probably will get accutane in two months which is a relief. but if you can get in sooner all the better.

keep your appointment with your other derm, but still call around to get in sooner.

if you find another derm to get you in sooner then just cancel the other appt.

this way you at least know you already got a derm appt and probably will get accutane in two months which is a relief. but if you can get in sooner all the better.

I agree with this. I also agree with OP in the strategy of just getting the accutane. If the condition is affecting your life this much (BTDT!), you should go to the most aggressive treatment without messing around with the ineffictive stuff. Some doctors are just so set on trying the other stuff first. If/when you talk to this or other doctor, you much be sure to really emphasize what you've tried and how it hasn't worked.... so he/she won't try to do the same stuff again. Good luck.