Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Luke0209

Tanning once done accutane

I'm asking for a tanning package for xmas (I had to come up with ideas for presents) which will put me about 6 weeks after tane.

As for good or bad....... the tanning debate is always on!

Would it be a bad idea to tan after I'm done my Accutane Treatment. I've been off it for about a month now.

i've been meaning to start this thread for a long time.

tanning is bad for u in general...

the beds have UVA rays which are apparently 5x stronger than UVB rays

the UVA rays go into ur dermis (lower layer of skin) rather than UVB rays

which penetrate the epidermis (upper layer of skin).

this is bad because ur blood vessels and other tissue is located by ur dermis.

take care of your skin!!!!

^

I dont think they are concerned with the general health issue..lol

anyways, my 2cents would be that you should wait a little longer before you start tanning.

This is just an asssumption, maybe give you skin a month more to go back to normal :)

this is of course if you mean tanning as in , tanning beds. if you mean going to the beach etc...go forit, just use SPF :)

i dont think that would be a big deal...just make sure you put on the screen.

try it once, if you burn a little, or a lot, use a stronger SPF, if you still burn 'considerably' then avoid it, or dont go for as long.

they tell you to avoid sunlight because it makes your skin very sensitive to it...not because youll die or something, so see how your skin reacts to it, and go on with your life accordingly.

my skin has never been prone to sunburns, so I can surf on accutane daily with just a 30SPF ( I could get away with 15, but ill play it safe), and i dont get red or burnt :)

great to hear!! I love the beach, I don't know what to do without it haha!

Been out today and didn't burn, I think my skin takes it pretty well so far, but maybe I need to be more careful in the following month, since I am only in my second month?

I've been off accutane for a lil over 6 months now, and I just now started tanning again. I used to tan very easily pre-tane... but I had a VERY horrific burn this past summer while I was still on it. Whenever I started tanning again I started very slow with no lotion and just 5 min at a time (my mom has a bed) and I've built up to 20 minutes with lotion... I pretty much always cover my face up though. I've noticed that I burn/tan more easily now... One time I got "bulb lines" on my bootie (haha) and they ended up turning brown so I have brown lines on my ass now ><

Maybe it depends on how high of a dose you were on?