Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chaz (charlotte)

SUCCESS OR NO SUCCESS???with ACCUTANE

you need to mention you are on low dose accutane..... check out the accutane logs, there's a few people with low dose ones :)

as far as I've seen, it's worked pretty well with pretty much no side effects...... but you're looking at while before you see an improvement (maybe 6 months?).

my acne was hell severe, prob in the top 10 of worst cases on the boards and 2 months in on 40 mg i was getting comments on how much it had improved. i'm on 60mg now and still it just keeps improving. all active acne nearly gone and its no longer cystic and inflammed just the odd lil clogged pore, NO WHITEHEADS!!!

basically i think the more severe the acne the more results you'll see quicker cuz theres more shit for the tane to kill. either way tane is a great drug IMHO and the good definately outweighs the bad and i would recommend it for anyone who has persistant acne of any level.

I had mild acne on my back, and started on 30 mg per day.

It's now the beginning of my 5th week and i've stopped getting acne, except for maybe the occasional small spot.

Guest Locked In Grace

I'm on day 25 of 20MG a day (low dose) for mild acne that used to be cystic. I've had some pretty annoying dryness, flaking, irritation and a bit of an IB, but these have all reduced over the last 4-5 days. QUite suddenly actually. I'm pretty happy now, and my acne seems to be stopping and clearing (touch wood).