Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jasmin8

9 month treatment for mild acne??

Hey everyone!

I've been on accutane for 5 months and love it but I'm concerned about the length of my treatment. I was on 20mg for the first 2 months and have been on 40 mg since. According to my weight (75Kg), I'm only roughly half way through.

By the time I see my derm. again I'll have taken 4860 mg of the 9300 goal. Even if she bumps me up to 80 mg per day, it will still be a couple more months.

Is it normal for someone with mild but consistant acne to be on accutane for 8 to 9 months?

Hey everyone!

I've been on accutane for 5 months and love it but I'm concerned about the length of my treatment. I was on 20mg for the first 2 months and have been on 40 mg since. According to my weight (75Kg), I'm only roughly half way through.

By the time I see my derm. again I'll have taken 4860 mg of the 9300 goal. Even if she bumps me up to 80 mg per day, it will still be a couple more months.

Is it normal for someone with mild but consistant acne to be on accutane for 8 to 9 months?

hello, i've just been put on 10 mg accutane for about 9 months. mine is mild and consistent. i guess you just have to see how long it take for acne to go! is it getting any better? plz make me feel better hehexxx

Thanks...nice to know of someone else doing the same. It's just such a long time to be on it....but whatever, it's worth it.

I broke out pretty bad when I first started, worse than I ever have...really oily...I even got a couple blisters around my mouth. Around the second month, the blackheads just started pushing themselves out...it was strange AND awesome. Then by the third month my face had pretty much cleared up and it's been great since. My only main side effect is my eye lids are really sensitive and peeling.

Now going into my 6th month, my skin is clear...I'm so happy. I was without meds for about 10 days a couple weeks ago though and started to break out alittle again...so I guess I have to trust my doc that she knows what she's doing