Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I want to say that I am really happy to have found this board in my search on looking for acne help. I am 30 years old and a Flight Attendant with a major airline, since my job involves consistent customer contact (as well as maintaining a pretty face) I have had my self confidence destroyed by acne for the last 5 years of my life. I have never had acne as a teenager (thank god) but once I hit 25 it has been a constant battle. My acne is intermittent, either all or nothing and I get the BIG cyst's that can only go away with cortisone injections (causing needle holes as well as the scar from the cyst). Well not only was I scaring very badly, but just as they would heal once again I would get another breakout. I would cancel dates, call in sick to work and spend hundreds of dollars on my dermatologist for meds that did not work (not to mention driving all my friends crazy complaining about my face) finally as a last resort to acutane my Dr. put me on Bactrim and Plexion Cleanser (I am the one who inquired about it, she did not suggest it) and in one week my face as healed from any new brake outs (for the first time in five years) as well as the scaring starting to heal. If I can help only one person out there feel better about themselves because there face is clearing up then I can feel really good. I am here to say that those two products have worked miracles (and again, I have tried everything). If your Dr. has not suggested either one, please ask them about it. I know how frustrating and degrading acne is and I can only hope that this message can help somebody out there who has suffered as much as I. Thank you to all you posters, this site has been great therapy for me knowing there are other people who are going through the same thing I have been going and provide great help tipe as well as place to vent and receive support.

Did you use the Plexion Cleanser at night? My doc said to put it on in the morning but I don't want too anymore because of it's strong odor......

I only used the Plexion in the morning. I could not smell any odor to it, if there is one then I am sure it would just rinse off. I only used it once a day to prevent any drying. It NEVER dried me out, not even initially. One thing to keep in mind though, after a few months on it, you will build up a resistance to it just like any other antibiotic. I go through phases with it and do I notice a huge difference when I am on my off time with it (yes, I brake out). It is the best cleanser out there and now available in a generic (only a couple dollars cheaper though) I did pay the extra money for the name brand, I think it worked better.