Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oceanmist

i looked at myself in natural sunlight...

I refuse to look at my skin in natural light. It might kill me. I hang my hair in front of my face whenever I I'm outside on bright days.

Flawless_Wishes,

I feel your pain here :-( Why do people insist on taking time out of their day to make others miserable. I'll kick that bitches ass any day of the week for you.

>.> *hands over their addresses* bwuahaha! :lol:

I refuse to look at my skin in natural light. It might kill me. I hang my hair in front of my face whenever I I'm outside on bright days.

Me too! I refuse to get my hair chopped off because of that exact reason! That's also why I have bangs...hehe. At least bangs look good on me! :D

I desperately need a haircut, but won't get one til my skin clears :D It's my security blanket.

*sob* I hate the bright sunlight. If I go past a bright window at school, I let my hair fall in front of my face so people can't see me. I especially hate when I'm in a parking lot on a hot sunny day and my reflection is on every car I look at. I see every blemish I tried to cover with make-up and I too spend a lot of time in the morning on my face.

I had a rough experience today at school. There is this group of preepy, good looking girls in my Bio class and they ALWAYS talk about how pale and bad my skin is during class amongst each other; They do it practically everyday! Anyway, one of them actually came up to me while I was trying to ignore them by talking with my two friends. She asked why I wore so much make up and why I wore it so badly. It made me depressed for the rest of the day. I didn't want to say I had really bad skin so I told her I had a disease. She then went back to her table and told all her evil friends. I dread going to that class now and I get depressed even more when I think about it! >_< My friend threatened to pummel her and I should've said yes. :cry:

Holy crap. I'm not a violent person, but I would smack the shit out of those bitches.

I hate seeing how my skin looks like outside , but lately i have been doing my make up near my window and that way i dont get a heart attack when i go outside and look in the mirror (which i always do) , but what i find out is...when i go into the bathroom it looks wrong and i get depressed..., i careless about bathroom lights..anymore.

I used to feel the same way until I realized.....

WE ONLY GET TO LIVE LIFE ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

And people who make fun of you, wait'll they get their acne. It'll be 10 times worse, TRUST ME.

LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank GOD! I am so thankful for all the posts on these boards because they always let me know I'm not alone in my tedious and exasperating struggles with acne. I HATE how natural sunlight makes my face look when I either a) don't have makeup on or b) applied in under a regular incandescent bulb. You can see every little blotch, pore, bump, flake, and scar with redness intensified if I don't apply everything just right.

I hate how much time and work I waste every morning trying to create an illusion of clear skin that lasts from the beginning of the day to the end with minimal touch up work required. There are so many more productive things I could be doing yet I honestly feel as though I'm a completely different, very ugly person if I don't have a certain amount of makeup on everyday.

The only thing I hate more than my skin is how much I allow my skin to bother me and make me insecure.

I know exactly what you mean, i LOVE my bathroom mirror cause my skin looks so flawless and perfect, but on the other hand i HATE it because it gives me a false impression to what my skin really looks like!!

I tend to sit by a window with a mirror and do my make up, i find that being in the natural light, i can apply my cover up a lot easier.

*sighs* @ crappy skin :rolleyes:

i live in iowa..and right now there is like NO SUN! so its hard to do makeup by opening the shades... but i have one of those mirror thingys with the lights on em.. it opens up n there are 2 more mirrors on the side...ya..my makeup looks nice when im there n then i like run down stairs n look in a diff mirror..and..gross lol. i was thinking of buying a Revlon mirror..one of the round ones with lights around it..and i was thinking of moving my table closer to a window..maybe that will help? im not sure.. but i feel the pain of u guys!! lol. if only they could make NATURAL sunlight bulbs!! haha

The only thing I hate more than my skin is how much I allow my skin to bother me and make me insecure.

I totally know how you feel on that one. I'm a guy and it's hard for me to show that I care a lot about my skin because people will think I'm ???, you know?

My skin is like completley different colors when I'm outside compared to inside. My foundation looks great and natural when I'm inside but I step outside, and all of a sudden it looks obvious that I am wearing foundation.

I just wish I could wear no make up but I don't have that perfect, clear skin. I agree that it's frustrating. Luckily, I'm going to buy new make up tommorow. I'll use your guys tips. :)

What I have found works best for me at least is to sit at a mirror near a mirror preferably a window that will be behind you as you look in the mirror. This way you do not get a glare from either side of the sun coming in and if I am somewhere like a hotel where usually the window is to one side of the mirror I will go out and park my car somewhere with the sun coming in from the back of my car. I have found this really helps with the color of make up looking different under different circumstances.

Thank GOD! I am so thankful for all the posts on these boards because they always let me know I'm not alone in my tedious and exasperating struggles with acne. I HATE how natural sunlight makes my face look when I either a) don't have makeup on or b) applied in under a regular incandescent bulb. You can see every little blotch, pore, bump, flake, and scar with redness intensified if I don't apply everything just right.

I hate how much time and work I waste every morning trying to create an illusion of clear skin that lasts from the beginning of the day to the end with minimal touch up work required. There are so many more productive things I could be doing yet I honestly feel as though I'm a completely different, very ugly person if I don't have a certain amount of makeup on everyday.

man i can relate to you SOOO much! you pretty much took the words outta my mouth.

I HATE makeup so much yet i need it. my skin makes me so insecure and i hate that i'm so affected by it. and being a girl too... its so much harder to deal with!

anyways, its nice to know there are others out there who are going through exactly the same thing. none of my friends have to deal with bad skin and so they never wear makeup. they are so lucky they have no idea. i feel so ugly and high-maintainence and insecure when i compare myself to them.

oh well... but we must... FIGHT!! fight bad skin until the day we can throw out these damn cosmetics!! *shakes fist in fury* :surprised:

oh yah.. my mom told me that what i see in the mirror isn't a "true reflection" of me. she looked at my reflection in the mirror (when im bare-faced) and then looked at me in the face, and said that i looked better face-to-face... (and she was only like foot away too). i didn't believe her (ahem, mom's biased opinions).. but i try to. often i find, ignorance is bliss... haha