Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone ever cut themselves, drank more, started smoking(anything), or just started acting like you hated life becasue of acne? or even if you were on accutane?

Even if you haven't please let me know how you dealt with your anger or depression.

Thanks Chris :confused:

P.S. personally i have been up and down with the acts stated above, but finally decided to stop!

Hope if you have u can too!

because of acne i used to cut myself and am just getting over depression. i also have multipple anxiety disorders because of it

thanks acne! :doubt: lol

because of acne i used to cut myself and am just getting over depression. i also have multipple anxiety disorders because of it

thanks acne! :doubt: lol

I tried cutting but quit, and relized what i was doing!! how could i have been so stupid!

Not saying that u are

Has anyone ever cut themselves, drank more, started smoking(anything), or just started acting like you hated life becasue of acne? or even if you were on accutane?

Even if you haven't please let me know how you dealt with your anger or depression.

Thanks Chris :confused:

P.S. personally i have been up and down with the acts stated above, but finally decided to stop!

Hope if you have u can too!

Depression + SSRI(antidepressants) = Cure

I burned two holes in my face once on accident from trying to get rid of these zits sooner.

Then later on I was really upset crying my eyes out about the hypertrohic scar I got as a result from burning the hole in my face. So I performed my own dermabrasion. Left a huge scab on my face.

I have cut myself on and off since I was around 16. I am 22 now. In the past year, I have dealt with issues with both drugs (downers) and alcohol. I have attempted suicide twice in the past year. Both attempts to OD.

I have had issues with downers in the past in the well when I was in high school.

The only way I have been able to control my alcohol problems and other issues is going to therapy. I go every week and that helps me alot. My main issue was learning coping skills.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need more info.

Guest Sincerely_Me

Not because of acne, because to me, everything else going in my life was wayyyy worse than something I knew I could take care of, even if it took a while.

about a year ago....i was really considering self harm because i was sooo low because of my acne. But i didnt go thru with it in the end! :cry:

I have lots of days when i feel angry about my skin and i just cry....its horrible! :(

I've come to hate myself and life. Not all due to acne, but it's the main culprit.

There have been times when I've felt like ending it all, and just taking my own life, because I'm so fed up with it all.

i have cut before, it was stupid, but i dont know, i just slipped and my emotion took hold of me. other than that, ive just done what anyone else has, punched holes in walls, screamed, stuff like that.

When I'm "depressed" I never show it anyway. I'm just staying alone when I've got a breakout, and I'm already a lonely person (not because I can't get friends, I've got many in fact, but I like to be alone) so ... and when it looks bad I just think life sucks and just want people to leave me alone and do nothing.

When I'm "depressed" I never show it anyway. I'm just staying alone when I've got a breakout, and I'm already a lonely person (not because I can't get friends, I've got many in fact, but I like to be alone) so ... and when it looks bad I just think life sucks and just want people to leave me alone and do nothing.

thats how I am. Its probably not good because hey who knows i might snap oneday or something and shoot myself.

yeh...thanks for your input guys. Sometimes I just don't think my Accutane is working to the fullest extent. idk, I hope it works, any1 every felt that way?

I've done plenty of destructive things due to anger and depression. I cut for 10 years, drugs, drinking, all that.

These days, however, the thing that gets me through the pain without doing those things is realizing that feelings are temporary. No matter how much it hurts, or how awful I feel that I am -

I was finally taught that feelings do not always reflect reality, they are just feelings. I also had to give myself permission to feel absolutely anything I wanted, as long as I didn't act in a harmful manner on those feelings.

It's very difficult to control your feelings. So I don't try to control how I feel. I control what I DO with those feelings.

Depression is a bitch and has made me in the past do many stupid things. It took me a while to work out how to deal with this but now if i'm depressed instead of reaching for a bottle or finding the nearest sharp object I grab my ipod, put on some angry music and go for a walk or run. To me i've found that this is a much better way to deal with things without hurting myself.

I called outta work a few times from being so depressed.

I started just eating any junk food and fast food in the world while on accutane, because I was so depressed I didn'tgive a fuck about letting my liver enzymes go up, I ate fast food often and in big bunches during tane.

I started smoking cigars do to stress, I now enjpy cigars and still smoke em occasionally.

I stayed home from school alot senior yr. I stayed home because I was to depressed/embarased/jealous of every1 to go. My father got mad and thought I was being lazy. Staying home hurt, because it was my final yr in highschool and i knew i was going to miss it, i only stayed home because i was to depressed to go enjoy it.

I didn't appear in my highschool yr book, didn't go to graduation or prom.

I dodged all my friends the 1st month of summer. I used to hide out in my room and go on my computer all day.

I got paranoid and thought every1 was against me. I even went out with a friend one night, I was so fuckin paranoid like an idiot i thought it was a set up lol, i thought he was gonna turn on me and jump me with people hahaha. I only went out that night pist at my friend and waiting to get into a fight when I realized i was just down right crazy.

I never did any self hurt, whats the point? I did however wish the end was near (i repeatedly wished I wouldn't wake up in the morning, even prayed for it a few times lol). Im now over that, and have been feeling way to great lately. Going to a better college next yr, going to do well on the fireman exam, will eventually find the right woman, and im going to guaranteed make it. I'm making a great comeback, nobody really knows how low I sunk last yr because I tried to hid eeverything, but I sunk incredibly low last yr. Now I'm on the uprise and it feels great.

And nothing changed, not like I had a big life changing experience to get up here, I just started being pisitve, stopped thinking so damn much, and started seeing things revolving around me and my life instead of the other way around.

/ quoteI called outta work a few times from being so depressed.

I started just eating any junk food and fast food in the world while on accutane, because I was so depressed I didn'tgive a fuck about letting my liver enzymes go up, I ate fast food often and in big bunches during tane.

I started smoking cigars do to stress, I now enjpy cigars and still smoke em occasionally.

I stayed home from school alot senior yr. I stayed home because I was to depressed/embarased/jealous of every1 to go. My father got mad and thought I was being lazy. Staying home hurt, because it was my final yr in highschool and i knew i was going to miss it, i only stayed home because i was to depressed to go enjoy it.

I didn't appear in my highschool yr book, didn't go to graduation or prom.

I dodged all my friends the 1st month of summer. I used to hide out in my room and go on my computer all day.

I got paranoid and thought every1 was against me. I even went out with a friend one night, I was so fuckin paranoid like an idiot i thought it was a set up lol, i thought he was gonna turn on me and jump me with people hahaha. I only went out that night pist at my friend and waiting to get into a fight when I realized i was just down right crazy.

I never did any self hurt, whats the point? I did however wish the end was near (i repeatedly wished I wouldn't wake up in the morning, even prayed for it a few times lol). Im now over that, and have been feeling way to great lately. Going to a better college next yr, going to do well on the fireman exam, will eventually find the right woman, and im going to guaranteed make it. I'm making a great comeback, nobody really knows how low I sunk last yr because I tried to hid eeverything, but I sunk incredibly low last yr. Now I'm on the uprise and it feels great.

And nothing changed, not like I had a big life changing experience to get up here, I just started being pisitve, stopped thinking so damn much, and started seeing things revolving around me and my life instead of the other way around /quote

soo inspiring!

Personally I've never suffered from depression, but my wife does. She has struggled for years. It's a rough thing because the first thoughts that a possitive thinking person would use to counter depression usually make the depressed feel worse about their situation. Example...

"I feel depressed due to Acne."

"Hey don't get down about acne, acne is notrhing compared to waht alot of people have to live with"

"Yeah you're right, but now I feel depressed because I was depressed about acne, when I could be thankful I was born with all my limbs, I don't have cancer etcetc..."

So people actually compound their depression by becoming depressed about their initial depression. At least that's what I've witnessed.

Possitive thinkers think this way..."Dang I have acne but man I am thankful that aside from that I have my health" and thats it, they do what they can about the acne, but they don't let it defeat them.

I call it the Depression Circle. SOmething triggers it but then guilkt for feeling depressed about the trigger leads to more depression, which leads to more depression and more depression. The key is to break that circle, somehow someway. You have to change your thoughts to possitive thoughts, stop feeling guilt, stop thinking about yourself. Too often doctors just prescribe drugs and call it good. People maybe need drugs to head off a severe bought, but the thing is they need to learn how to re-program their reactions to adversity.

My son (6) used to have major meltdowns if things didn't go exactly his way. Like we don't get home in time to watch a program he wanted to watch, they didn't have the specific toy he wanted from the toy store etc..etc.. the list went on. Meltdowns were a common thing (he is mildly autistic so it's not a matter of him being spoiled, well not 100%). When hew was about 3 I taugt=ht him a phrase to use when things didn't go his way it was..."Oh well maybe next time". At first if he started to have a meltdown I would have to remind him what to say, and you know what, oncew he would say it, the meltdown was stopped. Yeah he'd get a little mopy, but he was disappointed which is understandable, they key though was stoppoing the full blown meltdowns. 3 years later he no longer has to repeat his phrase, instead he has adjusted. When we go to the coffee ship (he gets italian sodas on saturdays), he often says "If the're out of the flavor I want I'll have to try a different flavor." He has learned to head off these meltdowns by preparing himself for the possibility that he might be disappointed.

We are all the same way. Often a catch phrase or thought is hwo we start to trigger the change. Many people will right a small phrase on a card and keep it in their pocket to remind themselves. It can be as simple and corny as "I am a wonderful person" Everytime you start to feel a little down pull out the card and read it. If looking in the mirror triggers it, tape that phrase to the mirror. Nobody has ever lessened depression by physically hurting themselves, and suicide, hat to say it cause I don't want to hurt anyone, but suicide has been described as teh most selfish act a person can commit. You bail out leaving everyone else with the grief of losing you and someone has to foot the bill of funeral arangements. Let's not try suicide anyone, ok. If you feel liek that is something that is an option send me a PM we can talk thorough it, I'm pretty sure that even though I don't know you I can help you feel better.

And nothing changed, not like I had a big life changing experience to get up here, I just started being pisitve, stopped thinking so damn much, and started seeing things revolving around me and my life instead of the other way around.

???? Except your Acne is gone right ?? You were on Tane and it worked...correct me if im wrong?

Thats a HUGE change.... :rolleyes:

???? Except your Acne is gone right ?? You were on Tane and it worked...correct me if im wrong?

ok fine, my skin is better. I still have red marks and my face will never be the same, but I'll take it. Last yr I had alot of red marks with pimples, now i still have red marks but no pimples around them.

Its not like accutane gave me model like skin, was still mad about my skin after i finished accutane, now i just dont care anymore. And i just got a couple pimples the other day, but i just let em come and go, and that ws it, didn't panic.

Oh and might I add acne wasn't even half the reason i was having negative/bad moods throughout highschool, and up until recently.

Take a piece of paper, write down all of the things that make you depressed, and go in the backyard and bury it. Seriously, have a funeral service and bid it goodbye. Sounds kooky, I know, but I have heard that the simple symbology of something like that has changed a lot of people.

Take a piece of paper, write down all of the things that make you depressed, and go in the backyard and bury it. Seriously, have a funeral service and bid it goodbye. Sounds kooky, I know, but I have heard that the simple symbology of something like that has changed a lot of people.

thats littering

:naughty:

ok fine, my skin is better. I still have red marks and my face will never be the same, but I'll take it. Last yr I had alot of red marks with pimples, now i still have red marks but no pimples around them.

Its not like accutane gave me model like skin, was still mad about my skin after i finished accutane, now i just dont care anymore. And i just got a couple pimples the other day, but i just let em come and go, and that ws it, didn't panic.

Oh and might I add acne wasn't even half the reason i was having negative/bad moods throughout highschool, and up until recently.

I like your sig. Its very true. The first one at least.