Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lazzzy_bum

Questions about 2+ course of accutane?

Who knows how this goes....I been reading a good amount and all I found is that the first course "cures" not remission about 60% of people but the second time it's a 90% cure. Is that really true? And just a few percent need 3+ courses so in other words rare cases.

My derm said that after 2 times of treatment, a 3rd,4th,or possibly 5th and so on course wouldn't make a significant difference!!

2 times should be more than enough, who knows what the hell you are doing to your body with a 3rd, or 4th time of treatment!!!

~Just my opinion.

P.S. Plus after going on the course 1 time, topicals respond like 10x as well. --According to my Derm.

==Chris :D Good Luck

But for a 2nd course to give you that 90% possibility, does the first course have to work for you at least a year or so? Or what if you relapse after the first course like in a few months, can the 2nd course still very much cure you?

But for a 2nd course to give you that 90% possibility, does the first course have to work for you at least a year or so? Or what if you relapse after the first course like in a few months, can the 2nd course still very much cure you?

yes, i know someone who did two courses, the second one a few months after the first, and she has been clear for many years, and still is. she had pretty severe acne when she started.

There is a poste "Zoilo" who has done 3 courses. He posts frequently.

Hey on this board there is people that did 5 courses of accutane, had increased brain pressure, IBD, ringing in ears etc. which is all very rare!! But in the real world it ain't like that.

i'm on my second round of accutane after about 1 and a half years. Came back when i started uni, and it also came back worse. But yah, during stressful times in your life it might come back. i don't think 2 rounds is bad, but anything more seems iffy to me