Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wza

Acne and Symmetry

Does anyone have any information on acne and its development being symmetrical? I ask because it seems like everytime i get a zit on one side of my face, another develops in the same area on the other side not too long after.. At first i thought it was a coincidence, but when it happens almost every breakout I tend to think otherwise. Thanks in advance for your insight.

Definitely NOT a coincidence.

Your face is symmetrical in every other way, so why should your sebaceous glands be any different?

Certain internal factors that cause particular glands to become over active result in zits forming in the same areas on both sides of the face. I have experienced this many times. It's always either the temple area or my jaw line. Sometimes I can feel massive lumps on opposing sides that never raise up and form zits.

All more evidence that the root of acne is internal.

OK...now I feel a tad slow on the uptake! #-o

If I look at me red marks...they are SOOOO symmetrical! And if I look at the acive ones I have...they are too! And I never made the conncetion until I read this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good question, unfortunately this is all speculation and no one really knows. Looks like there is even more to learn about acne that they don't know.

2SG

yeah so much more can be discovered about acne :-k

hope that my children (i'm 20) don't have to go through this when they grow up [-o<