Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robert

Beta Hydroxy peel from Makeup Artists Choice

Anybody tried this? It seems pretty strong. It contains salicylic acid and resorcinol. Ouch. It sounds similar to a Jessner peel but I don't know the acid percentages.

Guest Tracy

Robert,

I'm pretty interested in this peel also. I wonder if anyone's tried it and if they have.....what their experience was like.

If it's anything like the Blift-x peels I get at the derm, it'd be great. I like the Blift-x because of its even penetration and no need for neutrilizer so it's great for darker skin tones. I'm a little nervous buying this one though...

Guest Tracy

I'm going to e-mail Kathie with some links to the B-Liftx peel and ask her how much different/more aggressive her Beta Peel is to the B-Liftx peel.

Kathie steered me away from this peel. She said that since I had trouble with glycolic acid, I should stick with the lactic. From the testimonials on her site, this peel gives good results but is VERY STRONG, BURNS LIKE FIRE, and PEELS THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR FACE. sad.gif

Guest Tracy

Ahh.....I see. Then perhaps I won't e-mail her after all. Thanks Robert.

Anything that contains salicylic acid breaks me out and cause a lot of irritation. If you want to try this stuff, get something with small amounts of salicylic acid in it first to make sure you have no reactions to it. I think Asian skins tend to be easily irritated. Glycolic irritates me too.

Anyway, that was very honest of Kathi.