Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m4x

Bleaching / discolouring

Hi everyone!

As you allready now, the Benzyol Peroxide bleaching/discolour clothes, hair if it gets contact with it. Do you know if there is something I can mix the benzyol peroxide with (cream or whatever) so it counteract bleaching/discolouring?

It's soo sad that I have to throw t shirt after t shirt because of this shit.

m4x

no you cant, but how exactly are you getting it on your t-shirt? are you putting BP on your neck? if you are, dont put BP on your neck anymore.

other than that, theres no reason you should be getting bleached clothes cuz of your shirt, because you should put your shirt on before you apply BP.

Some of us dont' have much choice but to put it on our necks, since we get acne on our necks. That's like telling someone not to put eyedrops in their eyes.

I think most of the damage is done while the bp has been freshly applied, so strip to the waist while applying it and let it dry in.

I've even noticed that white t-shrts get an ugly yellow ring around the the collar from bp.

I use the DKR on my entire back, and I've never had it bleach my clothing. But I use the DKR just at night on my neck/back/clothes-touching-area. That way, when I put my clothes on in the morning, I don't get any bleaching. You might try that.

Cam >B)

Yeah these guys are right - you just have the change your routine a little. I have a feeling you're putting your BP on, then immediately slipping your face through the shirt hole, bleaching your shirt collar. Is that what's happeneing? I had to have a special set of towels that I only used when washing with BP, and had to keep those separate from other things in the laundry basket. It took a little effort, but it saved a lot of money in replacing shirts and towels. Good luck...

Malcolm Cringe: Ok, so you put your BP at night and leave it for 24 hours?

To all others, thanks for the replays. I use BP first, let it dry..apply moisturizer, and then the clothes. Here in South Africa, i'ts hard to resist the 50degree hot sun...so all sweat just come on the top of my t-shirt.

That's right. I do my face twice a day and my back once a day.

Malcolm Cringe: Ok, so you put your BP at night and leave it for 24 hours?

To all others, thanks for the replays. I use BP first, let it dry..apply moisturizer, and then the clothes. Here in South Africa, i'ts hard to resist the 50degree hot sun...so all sweat just come on the top of my t-shirt.