Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlotte_88

Starting Roaccutane (accutane) soon

I am hopfully starting Roaccutane on Monday/Tuesday if I get my prescription on time. I am also on Minocycline at the moment. Should I stop taking it now? Or should I stop when I start roaccuatne?

Does Minocycline stay in your system for a few weeks and would it affect the drug? Hope i am makin sense! lol

Thanks xoxoxoxox

I know your issue. If you stop right now, you may have a flare up; and you don't want that. BUT ... I felt intracranial hypertension for the first few days of accutane, when I stoped my tetralysal the day before the course. But this symptom subsided quickly though...

Almost everyone recommends against it. Accutane will thin your skin and dry it enough, without topicals.

Some people around the forums have spot treated with Benzoyl Peroxide; however, I think you'll find after a few weeks, using anything topical (except for moisturizer!!) will be too much.

As for the antibiotics, take nothing ending in cycline. It can cause serious brain pressure issues.

just stop it when you start the accutane so your acne doesn't flare up before then, as long as you don't take the 2 together you should be fine.

You should stop 1 week before because it will stay in your blood.

I haven't seen this recommended. The recommendation is just to stop it the day you start the accutane.

Someone else asked about topicals - it is recommended not to use the drying types (e.g. benzoyl peroxide, retinA, differin, etc.). The non-drying antibiotic types are often recommended to be used in conjunction with accutane for a few weeks to reduce the IB. Ask your doc.