Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thomas84

Hey health gang

Hi guys,

Think the healthy road is definately a good one even if not for acne but just in general. However, can people post there skin status and what they are doing for it here because i would like to follow a healthy regimen to clear my skin. I have been eating a lot better over the last 2 months but have not seen good results. This i smost likely due to the fact i quit BP in september after 4 years and my skin is getting used to being off it. I want to use Evening primrose or borage oil supplements aswell cos they seem to be doing wonders for a lot of people. Anyway any help will be appreciated.

I am a 22 year old male by the way

Cheers

Well for the past two months I've been dipping my head in hot water and exfoliating with epsom salts and then before I go to bed putting acv on my face. Its a more natural method than putting topicals and such all over your face and it has seemed to work forme fairly well. One side of my cheek is clear but the other side still gets pimples. Regardless I still have red marks on either side but they are fading slowly. Recently I've started a bit of a health kick eating healthy and drinking green smoothie things. Hope that gives my acne the last boot. I tried evening primrose oil for a while but i don't think it did much for me. Maybe I wasn't doing it forlong enough.

Hi guys,

Think the healthy road is definately a good one even if not for acne but just in general. However, can people post there skin status and what they are doing for it here because i would like to follow a healthy regimen to clear my skin. I have been eating a lot better over the last 2 months but have not seen good results. This i smost likely due to the fact i quit BP in september after 4 years and my skin is getting used to being off it. I want to use Evening primrose or borage oil supplements aswell cos they seem to be doing wonders for a lot of people. Anyway any help will be appreciated.

I am a 22 year old male by the way

Cheers

How great that you're going down the healthy path and have changed your diet! :) It can take up to 6 months sometimes before people really begin seeing a change from changing their diets, so don't give up hope just yet! I eat mainly whole, real foods, and I don't eat a lot of animal products, but I will now and then, and I have a sweet tooth as well. I try to make at least 80% of my diet healthy. I didn't start seeing changes in my skin until I started drinking green smoothies everyday. Greens are a miracle for most acne sufferers - a lot of people on these boards are believers. Since you're already eating healthy, I think green smoothies just might be your ticket - they're a very easy way to get in your fruits, greens, and fiber for the day (something we should all be doing anyway!) - all of which can do wonders for acne, especially the leafy greens. You can read more about them here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=108917. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the replies guys. I am eating Spinach, Romaine lettuce and watercress in my salads most days , would they be suitable to go in the smoothies? I am hoping to get a smoothie maker for christmas anyway so this would be a good reason to start these.

Independant thinker? whats your skin like at the mo and do you use any topicals or face washes or are you part of the just water gang?

Thanks for your help

Thanks for the replies guys. I am eating Spinach, Romaine lettuce and watercress in my salads most days , would they be suitable to go in the smoothies? I am hoping to get a smoothie maker for christmas anyway so this would be a good reason to start these.

Independant thinker? whats your skin like at the mo and do you use any topicals or face washes or are you part of the just water gang?

Thanks for your help

Those greens would be just fine! :) My skin consistently stays clear when I'm doing the smoothies. Occasionally, I might get a tiny little bump that's nothing to worry about. I used to get blemishes that left behind scars, and I don't get those anymore - unless I go several days without smoothies, and then I kick myself for being so irresponsible with my health!!

I have to wash my face, because I wear make-up. I use the acne skin care line by Paula Begoun. www.paulabegoun.com. She does a ton of research, and her products are formulated to not aggravate acne.

I have to wash my face, because I wear make-up. I use the acne skin care line by Paula Begoun. www.paulabegoun.com. She does a ton of research, and her products are formulated to not aggravate acne.

How often do you wash your face?

How often do you wash your face?

I wash it in the evenings. In the mornings, I just apply toner. :)

I usually wash my face with warm water in the afternoon, then before bed I use purpose to wash it. I was just wondering if you all use soap everytime

I wash twice per day and use products in my signature. Shave every two or three days with a simple, aloe-based all-natural shaving cream. It is very important that you select skincare products appropriate for your skin. Organic natural products are wonderful alternatives to the highly irritating ingredients in mainstream products, which, by the way, have been linked to numerous health problems.

My supplement regimen is in my sig. The supplements I take are the ones I feel are most important to the body as a whole and have the greatest amount of research backing up their effectiveness. Quality supplements, especially bioavailable supplements, are the difference between something that works and something that doesn't. Most cheap, offbrand supplements are contaminated with lead and cadmium (both enemies of good health) and contain too little of the (supposedly) active ingredient to be of any benefit. I'm considering adding a bioavailable form of Si (orthosilicic acid) after reading a few studies on it improving photodamaged skin in the elderly. It could possibly improve healing in other forms of skin and tissue damage.

I do vigorous aerobics or moderate lifting for thirty minutes to one hour every day. Before exercising, I drink an 8oz glass of water. After exercises, depending on what I do, I will drink a vegetable smoothie or hemp protein shake mixed with raw goat milk for digestion. This is absolutely essential to keep your entire body operating efficiently.

A super clean, highly charged diet is important but extremely expensive. For a person who has spent years eating processed foods and drinking Coca Cola, some veggies and spring water will do just fine. Diet can get highly complex, but if you're just starting out, I suggest you do a bit more research before diving head first into a plan. If you really want a suggestion, you could always add teas (green, red, white, herbal teas, kombucha) to your diet.

I don't really have any tips beyond that. It's highly individualistic. In the end, it comes to down to just trying things yourself. You have no idea whether or not something will work till you try it. Given a general consensus of safety and a reasonable price tag, I don't see why individuals shouldn't experiment with their health.