Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brian37

Apple Cider Vinegar & BP

i've been using ACV for about 4-5 days now morning & night all over my face. i'll let my face dry than apply BP but I havent been applying it to my forehead and my skin tone on the forehead is amazing and NO breakouts (red spots fading nice). I had a little active pimple on my forehead as well and ACV seemed to take care of it. Im thinking of stopping the use of BP for now on my entire face and just using ACV morning and night. I want to see if my cheeks clear the same way my forehead did w/o the use of BP.

anyone have any comments or has done this before? its worth a shot seeing i have alot of red spots which is making the little 4-5 active pimples look worse than what it really is. ill post back in a few days with updates. thanks!

Funny I dont break out on ACV. I use some BP to spot treat t-zone sometimes, but the ACV is wonderul! I am quite light and now dont even need concealer around my nose area...

And have quit powders and all.

I love it, I use a toner first then this, and dont wash neither off. 50/50 dilution for ACV.

yeah I have no signs of breaking out from ACV but I was just wondering if anyone stopped using BP and just used ACV after cleaning their face. after just 2 days my whole forehead cleared up looking alot better (applied NO bp on forehead) so I want to try just ACV on the rest of my face without any BP afterwards.

from what I read BP slows down the healing process of the ACV so i might just spot treat the couple of active pimples I have and let ACV do its thing.

I'm with you on this Brian... I am going to try to start using ACV tonight and slowly come off of BP on other parts of my face. Lets hope this works :pray:

hey its worth a shot, it cleared my forehead up (100%) making the red spots turn a light pink fading color and actually got rid of 1 of the active pimples I had on my forehead. I think im going to do a light BP spot treatment at night though for the active pimples. its nice to hear someone else is trying this, we could compare results and stuff like that :D make sure to reply back on your results etc!

what kind of ACV are you using? im using bragg's raw-unfiltered organic ACV "with the mother" 100% organic

I still have to go out and buy it today haha.. I have no idea what to get :( I was thinking of just getting some generic brand from the grocery store..

the thing about ACV as SP has mentioned is that it restores the acid layer of your skin, which should prevent the acne bacteria from growing, kind of like BP does.

i have been using ACV for prolly almost 2 weeks and i got off of BP. I have been using Tea Tree Oil instead. i hear it does the same thing but it smells horrid so i use it as a spot treatment. im not sure what to think about the tea tree oil yet. i dont know if its helping or not b/c i am getting some pimples but its about that time if uno wut i mean :confused:

i have noticed that my skin is a lot better though. its not oily at all anymore! i love it b/c my makeup doesnt look like shit half way thru the day! :dance: its def worth a try!

I use ACV too. I stopped with the BP and i cleared up better than I ever have. Its great stuff. I still get an occasional zit, nothing to worry about though, and if I do get one, then I just use BP to spot treat.