Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rockomon123

fraxel appointment coming up soon but acne is coming back too

i have my fraxel treatment coming up in about 2 weeks, and my acne is beginning to come back because i stopped using differin gel. according to the dermatologist, i cant take retinoid when doing fraxel because it affects the collagen rebuilding..

i dont know what to do.. my acne was 90% under control when i was using differin gel (+ duac gel). will this affect my fraxel treatment if i have just alittle bit of acne? im concerned that acne may get worse after my first few fraxel treatments, because i have heard that fraxel causes inflammation of the skin from dead skin cells.

what should i do..?

hmm i don't know about your body but when i had a pimple or two, i was actually glad i had a fraxel coming up because fraxel would totally burn those suckers. :D i say don't worry.

which doctor is doing your fraxel?

I had a MASSIVE breakout after Fraxel. I got some advice from the Fraxel thread and started on Minocycline 100mgs 2 times per day for the remainder of my Fraxel treatments and for 4 weeks after the last one. Don't want to chance any further red marks or acne scars from the breakouts.

great so the pimples here and there wont affect the fraxel treatment. i was worried that it might turn my pimples into keloid scars... i think im going to go on some antibiotics soon. and btw to jillian, im seeing dr. romero.

hey guys, what if i have 4 or 5 zits when going into my first fraxel treatment? i'm thinking of postponing my fraxel appointment for until this minocycline kicks in and i have my acne under control again.

Do a bit of research, I don't think Differin is an official retinoid. Your best bet is to consult with the DR performing the fraxel procedure. Although it is a different machine/ procedure, I had some Vbeam treatments while using Tazorac and Differin, and the plastic surgeon said it didn't matter, and I had no bad results. But it is different for everyone too.

CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY: Adapalene is a chemically stable, retinoid-like compound. Biochemical and pharmacological profile studies have demonstrated that adapalene is a modulator of cellular differentiation, keratinization, and inflammatory processes all of which represent important features in the pathology of acne vulgaris.

Mechanistically, adapalene binds to specific retinoic acid nuclear receptors but does not bind to the cytosolic receptor protein. Although the exact mode of action of adapalene is unknown, it is suggested that topical adapalene may normalize the differentiation of follicular epithelial cells resulting in decreased microcomedone formation. (http://www.differin.com/AboutDifferin/ProductInsert_Gel.aspx)

ok, ive gotten 5-8 small pimples now. its like acne around my jawline.. should i still go thru with the first fraxel treatment or not? need advice.

the minocycline has not kicked in yet....

rockomon123, are you a female or male?

acne around the jawline is usually hormonal. i suggest you keep a very clean diet before and during the fraxel treatments, in meantime, you can use tea tree oil to kill the bacteria(apply on the effected area ONLY) and moisturize right after(your whole face). This should clear you up. and yes i think you should go through your first treatment, cos like you you said your pimples are very small.

im a male.. the pimples have subsided somewhat and turned cystic-like. they are just low,round,slightly-discolored bumps now. maybe about 3-4 of them.

ive been using duac gel + minocycline ever since i heard that retinoids cannot be used along with fraxel. my skin is still stabilizing itself from the change in regiment.

i will look into teatree oil. ive not heard of it before. although i was previously thinking of doing some sort of benzoyl peroxide like Benzaclin along with minocycline as my new regiment until i can get back onto differin. mainly because duac gel is a topical antibiotic and im concerned that it will conflict with the oral antibiotics that i am also taking.

ive been about 15 days on minocycline, and still having breakouts around my jawline area.. im concerned that i will still have active acne during the fraxel treatments process that is coming up soon on the 30th of this month..

im thinking of possibly just having fraxel done on my cheeks, and continue to use differin on the active spots around my jawline area(got around 5 or 6 pimples right now there).. this way it'll be cheaper and i wont have breakouts because before when i was on differin my acne was under control. my acne scars are mostly on my cheeks anyway (pinpoint to ice pick scarring, mild to moderate). darn.. i am feeling a bit down right now. but am trying to find a solution. advice?