Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShockBotkins

Dan, Are Donations Taken?

Maybe Dan or someone else can help me out here. I run a web design company and ever since I was little I wanted to make it priority to share my money and help others because I know what its like to suffer from acne and other low self-esteem causes, I still suffer from it today but not as bad. I believe the emotional effects of acne is one of the worse things someone can go through, by not being able to be yourself or even socialize with others because you feel they'll be looking at you differently.

I would love to contribute to help get closer to getting rid of acne, if there is a place where donations are taken that go towards acne for research or anything else that is helping to stop this please let me know because I would love to donate quite a few thousand towards it throughout 2007 and beyond.

Thanks,

Scott

Hey Scott,

Great to see you offering your support.

There are organisations that do research on acne and I'm sure would take your money BUT in my opinion there is too much money in acne products for them to even want to find a cure, it's much more profitable to sell false promises.

IMO the best and closest to a cure we have is the regimen, and the best thing you can do is stick around here and offer support to others going through the same and encourage them to stick with it.

Great you see somebody who wants to give back to the world, great attitude Scott.

Paul

I would love to contribute to help get closer to getting rid of acne...

It seems to me, there is some extremely high quality research and product development going on right here on this site. What could be more useful to an acne sufferer than this place? I only found the site a few weeks ago and I just signed up to the forums a few days ago so I don't know a lot about it but I hope Dan is making money from the BP sales.

I have ordered Dan's BP product and will certainly support other products he offers wherever possible. I've never found a resource as good as this, on the Internet or otherwise, so I hope Dan makes some money and develops a healthy business.

Hi ShockBotkins,

What a wonderful and generous gesture!

Dan supports a non-profit organization called "Clear Up Skin Care" this is a very worthy cause in the area of acne because I know of none other like it. It isn't exactly "research" but is a program to help middle school age kids learn about skincare and how to treat their acne, etc.

Anyway, here is more information and also how you can donate if you wish to: http://www.acne.org/clearupskincare.html

Donating to Clear Up Skin Care would be awesome. Also, I am planning on helping that organization make a DVD that teaches kids about acne and self-esteem and giving the DVD out to the kids in the classes. I think it would also be great to get the DVD to health teachers throughout the country so they can show it in their classes. If you'd like to help with this project that would be awesome. I'll PM you.

Donating to Clear Up Skin Care would be awesome. Also, I am planning on helping that organization make a DVD that teaches kids about acne and self-esteem and giving the DVD out to the kids in the classes. I think it would also be great to get the DVD to health teachers throughout the country so they can show it in their classes. If you'd like to help with this project that would be awesome. I'll PM you.

That sounds great Dan, I hope it all works out.