Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest yankeemix

Tea Tree oil, Coconut Oil, Sea Kelp...are they good for acne?

Guest yankeemix

Well i started using Desert Essence products simply because they use natural ingredients..

This is what im using:

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil and Sea Kelp

Ingredients: Castile Soap, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sea Kelp (Ahnfelia Concinna), Organic Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternafolia), Glycerin, Organic White Tea, Echinacea Angustifolia Leaf Extract, Licorice Root Extract, Green Tea Extract, Citric Acid, Glucosamine, Polysorbate-80, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Caramel, Aromatic Proprietary Blend

Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil (as a moisturizer)

100% Organic Jojoba Oil

and about 3 times a week

I use Desert Essence Pore Clarifying Face Mask

Ingredients: Purified Water, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Distillate, Sea Kelp, Kaolin, Saccharomyces Lysate (OxyPeptide), Aloe Vera Gel, Titanium Dioxide, Tea Tree (melaleuca alternifolia) Oil, Spearmint Oil, Cinnamon Oil, Licorice Root Extract, Dandelion Root, Burdock Root Extract, Echinacea Leaf Extract, Sarsaparilla Root Extract, Grapefruit Extract, Chicory Leaf Extract, Cocoa Extract, Rumex Cripus Root Extract, Citric Acid, Glucosamine, Pentylene Glycol, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitmain A)

Now it's been about 7 days since I've been using these products..Well I used the jojoba oil before and it seems to work fine but then I added the others in the regimen. I broke out even more...(Prior to starting I had breakouts anyways) and the area around the pimples itch. It feels like the same way I break out when I use Salicylic Acid products which too make me break out horribly.

I have heard that coconut oil can clog pores and sea kelp can be irritating...Any thoguhts? I stopped using the cleansers because i just couldn't take it anymore.. Now im left with all of pimples it caused...well of course on top of the pimples i had before using it as well...

Now im back to using Cetaphil with St ives apricot scrub....it helped out alittle but i guess im using the scrub too much cause Im breaking out again...

Please help... :wall:

My thanksgiving is going to be with a nasty face...wtf

hi,

i have been using st ives apricot scrub for a few years.

but i refrain from using when i had outbreak, cause it really just worsen the outbreak.

usually if i use it my face, its after a shower, i apply a thin coat on my face. then wet my hands and very gently scrub. have to make sure there is sufficient water else its very rough on the skin.

i also find that it exoliates better after a shower, after my skin is "soaked" haha

lately i had also tried using 100% tea tree oil from Thursday Plantation, for abt 1 week plus.

when i started for the first few days, my pimples very much died down. less painful. the bright red marks turn dark red. and then it feels like its slowly drying up. it feels a little itchy, just like when wounds are healing. and i am trying not to pick at it.

i still am monitoring how well it works.

i cant tell yet because yesterday i did something stupid.

i thought of "cleaning" up my pores by applying this astringent toner, but it ended up aggravating my face.

i had 2 big pimples with pus and other small blemishes.

now i just make sure i use a mild cleanser, and apply the tea tree oil, and neutrogena oil-free moisturiser.

Guest yankeemix

hi,

i have been using st ives apricot scrub for a few years.

but i refrain from using when i had outbreak, cause it really just worsen the outbreak.

usually if i use it my face, its after a shower, i apply a thin coat on my face. then wet my hands and very gently scrub. have to make sure there is sufficient water else its very rough on the skin.

i also find that it exoliates better after a shower, after my skin is "soaked" haha

lately i had also tried using 100% tea tree oil from Thursday Plantation, for abt 1 week plus.

when i started for the first few days, my pimples very much died down. less painful. the bright red marks turn dark red. and then it feels like its slowly drying up. it feels a little itchy, just like when wounds are healing. and i am trying not to pick at it.

i still am monitoring how well it works.

i cant tell yet because yesterday i did something stupid.

i thought of "cleaning" up my pores by applying this astringent toner, but it ended up aggravating my face.

i had 2 big pimples with pus and other small blemishes.

now i just make sure i use a mild cleanser, and apply the tea tree oil, and neutrogena oil-free moisturiser.

Yes i think it might be the TTO or the Kelp..Because after I stopped using the cleanser which had these I used the mask and it seemed that it irritated my skin cause my pimples feel rough or oily..I guess i will hold off of using this or just use the scrub 2-3 times a week. But sometimes even though i don't use the scrub I still break out and this gets me to use the scrub even more because I think my skin is clogged and needs help to unclog and that's where the scrub comes in...

I still use the jojoba oil..