Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MON3Y

True Or fale?

Like in most movies and in school.. People that play vedio games alot and stay in most of the time Get acne and the people that are outside most of the time dont get acne is this ture or false?

it's mostly genetic. in some acne prone people a lack of exercise may make it worse, but i know plenty of people like that with clear skin.

it's mostly genetic. in some acne prone people a lack of exercise may make it worse, but i know plenty of people like that with clear skin.

Oh cuz i was just watching this Episode on South park where they stood in the house all day and just suddenly Developed acne.. I bet if i go outside right now for the next minth my acne will get better,

Videogames have nothing to do with acne. The lifestyle of hardcore gamers can makes things worse for an acne prone individual. No exercise, diet consisting of energy drinks, Mountain Dew, and Bagel Bites, no sunlight, little sleep, and no sunlight are all terrible for acne.

i know a lot of geeks/computer nerds/d and d'ers who have really clear skin.

what's a d'er?

"d and d'er" =dungeons and dragons?

Guest blackheadben

I go outside, I break out. I stay inside, I break out. It is a no win situation.

It's no useful to wonder why bad diet and lifestyle with disrupt the body homeostasis isn't influecing your friends or other people the same way it is influencing you. Maybe they're developing far worse problems than acne

So consider it like this:

if you know you're someone whose diet is influenced by diet

and you eat and eat while in front of the computer ...

staying inside will increase the chance of having fluctuating and high blood sugar

going outside and walking or running or playing will improve the metabolization of what you've eaten making your blood sugar more stable

Anecdotally I have to say that I seen less acne in backpacking and boyscout groups of friends than in sedentary tv-and-videogames friends. Other factors may be good effect of the sun on the skin (yeah even in winter and cloudy day your skin is getting sun) and oxygenation

Is EVERYTHING being blamed on videogames these days? Think people. My parents were NERDS and sat around all day reading books. Wasn't that a sedentary activity....along with sitting at school all day at a desk. I remember in the first grade dreaming about going for a walk because I hated being glued to that yellow plastic chair for hours at a time.

Most of the gamers I know are smart software engineers with no acne and a great salary.

Is EVERYTHING being blamed on videogames these days? Think people. My parents were NERDS and sat around all day reading books. Wasn't that a sedentary activity....along with sitting at school all day at a desk.

Yeah that is bad too. Sedentarity kills more people than smoking and junk eating combined

My parents were rather healthy as kids (they say to me) and they were not sedentary at all

My father was always out playing soccer or walking around with friends ... he says to me that no one he knew would spend the whole day in from of television watching the afternoon shows

I'm a big gamer. I have been playing with most of what have been created for commodore 64, Atari, Amiga 600, Super Nintento, Sega Mastersystem, Playstation 1 and PC

Yet I'm not sedentary at all. Videogames are great and are reconciliable with a non-sedentary lifestyle ... it's all a matter of excesses and yes you can even read excessively

Out of topic: Dany gettin ready buy PS3 :P??!

Is EVERYTHING being blamed on videogames these days? Think people. My parents were NERDS and sat around all day reading books. Wasn't that a sedentary activity....along with sitting at school all day at a desk.

Yeah that is bad too. Sedentarity kills more people than smoking and junk eating combined

My parents were rather healthy as kids (they say to me) and they were not sedentary at all

My father was always out playing soccer or walking around with friends ... he says to me that no one he knew would spend the whole day in from of television watching the afternoon shows

I'm a big gamer. I have been playing with most of what have been created for commodore 64, Atari, Amiga 600, Super Nintento, Sega Mastersystem, Playstation 1 and PC

Yet I'm not sedentary at all. Videogames are great and are reconciliable with a non-sedentary lifestyle ... it's all a matter of excesses and yes you can even read excessively

what came first? the acne or the videogame...

This pretty much sums it up. People with acne tend to stay inside and play videogames because of the antisocial tendencies that acne instigates. This is why there is the "acne & videogames" sterotype.

Guest lookingforsunlight

yeah i'm pretty sure i'd never believe anything on South Park...but it is the most hilarious show!