Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fitness_Freakazoid

Questions!! Appearing out of nowhere?

HeyHey, Well ... First off ... My first question is

1) I wash my face 3 times a day, In the morning Then After the Gym And then again in the evening. I use Clean and clean oil free and it contains salytic acid. (I use this 3 times a day) But I still notice little white heads and I also have kinda pig pores but not too big, just a bit noticble on my cheeks under my eyes. Why do whiteheads form when im washing my face like I should. I do sometimes touch gym equipment and then touch my face ... is that bad? And sometimes when I sleep I sleep on my sides and my hair touches my face ... that bad???

2) Second question is my face gets really oily before my period. However ... It gets very dry afterwards and I bought some Cetaphil (moisturizer) and I was gonna use it but I dont want it to make my face oily and get clogged pores. But my face gets soo dry like when I smile it feels as though im stretching my face lol and it feels weird. And I notice laughing lines on the sides of my mouth, could this be due to dry skin?

Thanks

touching face = bad news. This will only put more bacteria on your skin. I try really hard not to touch my face other than when I wash it. Sleep with your hair in a ponytail, hair products and natural hair oils can get on your face. Change your pillowcase often, like 2 times a week or so. I recommend an oil free moisturizer if you have oily skin, or just use the cetaphil very sparingly (I use like 2 - 3 drops for my entire face). Your skin sounds like it might be getting too dry if it is feeling tight like that. Your bumps - they sound an awful lot like something called "Milia", which are actually not considered acne, but they are an irritation. They can be brought on by trauma to the skin, such as washing your face too often or too roughly. A doctor can remove them for you, if they don't go away on their own. Try to only wash your face twice a day if you can, but I know it's hard when you work out. You might be okay to just splash your face w/warm water after a workout. My husband never washes his face, he only splashes it with warm water and he has perfect skin :confused:

Good luck!

HeyHey, Well ... First off ... My first question is

1) I wash my face 3 times a day, In the morning Then After the Gym And then again in the evening. I use Clean and clean oil free and it contains salytic acid. (I use this 3 times a day) But I still notice little white heads and I also have kinda pig pores but not too big, just a bit noticble on my cheeks under my eyes. Why do whiteheads form when im washing my face like I should. I do sometimes touch gym equipment and then touch my face ... is that bad? And sometimes when I sleep I sleep on my sides and my hair touches my face ... that bad???

2) Second question is my face gets really oily before my period. However ... It gets very dry afterwards and I bought some Cetaphil (moisturizer) and I was gonna use it but I dont want it to make my face oily and get clogged pores. But my face gets soo dry like when I smile it feels as though im stretching my face lol and it feels weird. And I notice laughing lines on the sides of my mouth, could this be due to dry skin?

Thanks

hi there...always use moisturizer!! always!! because when your skin is dry, your body will produce more oil and make your skin more oily. besides, like you said, dry skin will give you more wrinkles!! i think cetaphil is good because it's gentle and oil free.

good news is that you're washing your face after the gym...i remember you asking about that a while back. since you're washing your face 3 times a day, maybe try a more gentle cleanser? i am currently using Purpose which is nice because it's gentle and leaves my skin very clean. i think any cleanser that has BP or SA will make your skin dry and irritate it when used too much. hope this helps. good luck.

Thank You both of you:) I really appreciate it :) I am gonna only wash with warm water after the gym from now on :) Will that still remove the bacteria? Thanks so much guys

omg, i just looked up milia and thats exactly what i have, the pics are exactly! how do i prevent these?

Thank You both of you:) I really appreciate it :) I am gonna only wash with warm water after the gym from now on :) Will that still remove the bacteria? Thanks so much guys

omg, i just looked up milia and thats exactly what i have, the pics are exactly! how do i prevent these?

You should be able to prevent the milia by using a VERY gentle exfoliant like once a week. A lot of people have good luck using a baking soda / water paste, but wash it off right away and try to do this only once a week (baking soda can irritate if used too often or left on too long). Milia is really common with babies, actually. Both my wee ones had them and they went away on their own. As long as you don't touch your face while you are at the gym, you actually shouldn't have much of any bacteria on your face. Sweat is kind of like our body's own natural cleanser. Some nationalities use sweat houses, or saunas partly for this purpose.

another suggestion...i use this thing called the Buf Puf which i order from drugstore.com. it's a sponge-like thing i use everytime i wash my face. make sure you get the extra gentle one...i put some of my Purpose cleanser on it and lather away! :angel:

another suggestion...i use this thing called the Buf Puf which i order from drugstore.com. it's a sponge-like thing i use everytime i wash my face. make sure you get the extra gentle one...i put some of my Purpose cleanser on it and lather away! :angel:

Oh wow, that totally reminded me! My best friend in grade school had a skin problem, she had tiny milia all over her face, and her derm did have her using the Buf Puf! Maybe try it before the baking soda, or try both - alternating. Just don't scrub too hard. I get carried away sometimes and my skin looks a mess the next day... :D