Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I will KILL it!

Can I be allergic to the Eucerin 5% urea?

Hi everyone, I've bought the Eucerin moisturizer recently, and while it works great and even seems to make my red marks disapear, everytime I put it (at night even more), it burns on both of my checks and around my neck (not my forehead anymore), and then burning sensation slowly disapear. Is it normal? Can it be dangerous? I was using another moisturizer before, without urea and approx. the same ingredients except that it had parfum, wich is a bad thing. And it didn't really take care of flakes except with jojoba oil... but it didn't burn.

I'm looking forward to your answers guys.

It contains a small amount of AHA I think it's lactic acid which is probably what's causing the slight burning and as long as it fades and your skin feels ok later on then I'd say not to worry at all.

real maveric is right, the lactic acid is an acid so it will burn until your face gets used to it. this shouldnt take too long and you dont need to apply loads of eucerin cause it spreads very nicely :)

Hi everyone, I've bought the Eucerin moisturizer recently, and while it works great and even seems to make my red marks disapear, everytime I put it (at night even more), it burns on both of my checks and around my neck (not my forehead anymore), and then burning sensation slowly disapear. Is it normal? Can it be dangerous? I was using another moisturizer before, without urea and approx. the same ingredients except that it had parfum, wich is a bad thing. And it didn't really take care of flakes except with jojoba oil... but it didn't burn.

I'm looking forward to your answers guys.

greetings..

i replied to a simillar message about this product not too log ago. anyway heres the story..

i tried this product a couple of months ago now, and it did handle flakes and dry skin very well but it was very irritating on my skin too. After about a week of using it and having been 100 percent clear all this time it broke me out with spots on both cheeks and i ralised some of the ingredients were actually acne aggravators such as lanolin.

anyway i stopped using it and have had no problems and i'm back to 100percent clear.

good luck

Yeah I read that. Thanks for your answers, now I understand why it's burning. If it causes me a break out I will stop but as for now, the only breakout I've got is because of that damn barber shop.

same, i hate getting my my cut cause they rub my face around the temple area when the shave that bit.

then i get red bumps (not acne) there and its well annoying lol