Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bugmenot

Accutane + Flaking Skin

I'm a few days into my third month of Accutane, and my derm bumped up my dose from 40mg to 60mg. My chin is suddenly very flakey, basically peeling all day. I tried putting tons of Oil of Olay for Sensitive Skin on it and letting it work overnight, but I woke up this morning with it no better than it was before.

I'd kind of like to see my extended family and friends tomorrow without my chin falling off into my plate. Does anyone have any tips or products that may help me if only temporarily through the day?

Thanks! :(

Oh, and did anyone experience a second IB in the middle to end of their second month? I was all excited thinking my skin was clearing 40 days into treatment, and then I broke out all over again. [sigh]

sometimes i take a damp washcloth and gently rub off all of the flakes, then moisturize. that works well for me.

I'm a few days into my third month of Accutane, and my derm bumped up my dose from 40mg to 60mg. My chin is suddenly very flakey, basically peeling all day. I tried putting tons of Oil of Olay for Sensitive Skin on it and letting it work overnight, but I woke up this morning with it no better than it was before.

I'd kind of like to see my extended family and friends tomorrow without my chin falling off into my plate. Does anyone have any tips or products that may help me if only temporarily through the day?

Thanks! :(

Oh, and did anyone experience a second IB in the middle to end of their second month? I was all excited thinking my skin was clearing 40 days into treatment, and then I broke out all over again. [sigh]

you should get a salycic acid scrub, thatll work.

i would def. be careful w/ salycilic acid and a scrub. i know that my skin is very sensitive to regular face washes now and i would stay away from a scrub or salycilic acid. some ppl on here have suggested that when you take a shower you can wash your face w/ some conditioner and then rinse it off and that seems to help. maybe try that. but i'm not sure if that would cause a break out or not check the ingredients and use at your discretion. also maybe laying off using face wash at all for tonight at tomorrow morning might help. hope that helps a little. and happy thanksgiving

I do the washcloth thing too..I just wet it and put some cetaphil on it..and gently exfoliate...

after that moisturize...it's worked for me for about 4 months...

I do the washcloth thing too..I just wet it and put some cetaphil on it..and gently exfoliate...

after that moisturize...it's worked for me for about 4 months...

thank you :)

Try cetaphil moisturising cream. It's very heavy and non-comodogenic. Put it on at night time then in the morning just wash it off with cetaphil cleanser and your skin should be flake free. It worked really well for me.