Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eddie-Halliwell

What shampoo+ toothpaste do u use???

I was recently using a shampoo and toothpaste which both contained Sodium Lauryl sulphate which gave me acne on my back and a few around my mouth.

Any recommendations on a gentle shampoo and decent toothpaste??

thanks guys

I really don't care if my shampoo contains SLS or not. I think mine contains ammoinium lauerth sulfate or something, not SLS. It's a Pantene variety, and I use it sparingly and once a week (I'm on 'tane). I've never noticed a correlation between any of my hair products or toothpaste as far as acne is concerned.....

However I cannot use any toothpaste that contains SLS. I break out in canker sores, and not just one or two.....like ten or twenty. It rips the inside of my mouth apart, I was in agony as a kid until I discovered a toothpaste made for people who get canker sores when I was 13 years old....I've been using SLS fre toothpaste since. I use either Rembrandt for Canker Sore Sufferers or Biotene (for dry mouth), both are SLS free..........so I can be canker sore free....

Guest molly_jean_comments

I was recently using a shampoo and toothpaste which both contained Sodium Lauryl sulphate which gave me acne on my back and a few around my mouth.

Any recommendations on a gentle shampoo and decent toothpaste??

thanks guys

I dont really have any ideas for a shampoo for you to use but I do have a recommendation for toothpaste, biotene. I am on Celexa (for the time being) and that medicine makes it so I dont have as much saliva production. Biotene helps with that.

Hahaha LabGirl81 I didnt realize you recommend biotene until I read your post (which was after I posted mine)

TOMS OF MAINE HAS the best toothpaste and its all natural extracts and etc. check out the website some really good stuff