Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Holly_08

How embarassing

Honestly, being a girl...I have not the faintest clue when it comes to makeup. I don't know what to do with myself. I hate makeup. I would much rather go all-naturale than apply it, but with skin like mines thats almost impossible so I only touch up on certain parts that bother me the most. I had a burn injury once that has now turned beet and raw red because I don't have my pigment back yet. There is a lot of discoloration right on top of the redness from old acne marks that keep surfacing on top of my old injury. Every day I show up to school looking like I got a bad makeup job done because in order to control breakouts I have to peel a lot with my Tazorac. Peely skin doesn't exactly look good with makeup and I'm pretty sure some of you know what I'm talking about. I need help in concealing my indented scarring and the raw redness of my burn. I have no idea what I should be wearing, what inexpensive brands in my pharmacy would do the job, how to apply it, what...?!

Help.

Go to your nearest Sephora, they have makeup artists there that will do your makeup for free and will teach you what to wear, which brand to get, and how to apply.

Neutrogena makes a foundation that is called "visible difference". It is non-comedone forming, and has soy in it, which supposedly evens out your skin tone. I know it works because I had been using it for two weeks, and one morning I looked in the mirror and thought to myself "wow, my skin looks much more even, I wonder what I have been doing?" Then I remembered the neutrogena makeup, so I know it works, albeit subtly. I hate makeup too, I'm actually trying to slowly wean myself off of it. For your red burn, if you have a lighter skin tone you can buy a green-tinted concealer at any drug store (I know both Almay and Neutrogena make one, as well as others). The green kicks butt on covering redness, but be absolutely sure to use as minimal amount of the concealer as possible, and blend it really well with a sponge. It looks better to see a bit of redness than a lot of green camo. For the indents, I've heard good things about Vitamin C (topicals and internally). Might help a bit.

I guess this doesn't answer your question, but I was thinking, if peely skin is the same as dry skin (or similar), you could apply some jojoba oil at night, it could help.

I am extremely lazy when it comes to applying makeup, so I don't... :P

But since it is always good to have some makeup, I've been trying Everyday Minerals (try some samples if you can order online). In Sephora, you could try out BareMinerals.

Go to your nearest Sephora, they have makeup artists there that will do your makeup for free and will teach you what to wear, which brand to get, and how to apply.

Yes yes yes! I agree! Make sure to bring a friend or 2 with you so they can tell you how you look. I got makeovers twice at sephora and both times they didnt match my skin color. But they still told me 'You look good' :hand:. Please, one time i looked dead and the other i looked orange. Hmmm, maybe you should try macy's too. They have alot of individual booths with different brands of makeup, theres always like no one there lol so i think they will pay more attention to your needs

Yes yes yes! I agree! Make sure to bring a friend or 2 with you so they can tell you how you look. I got makeovers twice at sephora and both times they didnt match my skin color. But they still told me 'You look good' :hand:. Please, one time i looked dead and the other i looked orange. Hmmm, maybe you should try macy's too. They have alot of individual booths with different brands of makeup, theres always like no one there lol so i think they will pay more attention to your needs

Truuue! funny, everytime i go to either sephora or macy's i literraly run away from the makeup artists. im soo weird. :wacko: