Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellokittygirl

Duac all over your face?

all over, to prevent new pimples from forming. my derm told me to use my topicals on my entire face, not just the pimples.

hi kitty..all's well in rome :angel: ...sorry bout some of the pimples that u talk bout(zit family :sick: )..dont worry .. just a part of the IB...nyways spot treating is a good idea..since there is absolutely no irritation involved unlike smearing the product all over ur face..look at it this way..the differin u use in the night..is just bout enough protection for ur skin..and the ones that keep poppin up now are just side effects of the initial phase of differin..k.. using duac all over might just aggravate irritation...also if u have n inflamed pimple..take a vit b complex tablet ..it really helps..just one a day... ..no matter what pple say... work with ur derm..think that is really important..good luck ...keep us posted... :D

Duac is intended to be used on your entine face, excluding your eyelids and places you don't break out. The way to treat acne it prevention, you need to prevent pimples from forming. Those active pimples on your face are in the final stages of a comedone's lifecycle, it does relatively no good to spottreat something that is close to dying, except maybe to make it die a little quicker. By putting duac all over your face you should prevent the acne from forming to beging with. This is what the insert in your package of duac will tell you to do as well.

Duac is intended to be used on your entine face, excluding your eyelids and places you don't break out. The way to treat acne it prevention, you need to prevent pimples from forming. Those active pimples on your face are in the final stages of a comedone's lifecycle, it does relatively no good to spottreat something that is close to dying, except maybe to make it die a little quicker. By putting duac all over your face you should prevent the acne from forming to beging with. This is what the insert in your package of duac will tell you to do as well.

dude .. the person in question here is using differin at night ...so she just needs duac to tide her through the ib and not for a long term basis..also duac is a combination of bp and clindamycin..the latter being an antibiotic cannot be used for a long period..

dude .. the person in question here is using differin at night ...so she just needs duac to tide her through the ib and not for a long term basis..also duac is a combination of bp and clindamycin..the latter being an antibiotic cannot be used for a long period..

It doesn't do much good to spot treat something that is already there. The point of the medication is to kill the P. acnes bacteria in your pores. It doesn't do any good if you try to kill the bacteria after the pimple has already been formed. You want to kill the bacteria in all pores where you form comedones, that way pimples will be less likely to form. For optimum results you'll want to use the duac in conjunction with the differin. The differin will try to correct the hyperkeratinization while the duac kills P. acnes bacteria. The doctor is trying to combat 2 different things with these 2 medications, the retention hyperkeratosis, and P. acnes bacteria. If you fail to use the duac over the entire acne prone regions you are only doing part of the derms perscribed regimen. I'm fairly sure that if hellokittygirl contacted her derm he would tell her to apply duac to all regions where she normally broke out.

hey guys! thanks for the advice...both of what you guys are saying makes great sense...i think what i might do is apply duac to an entire affected area...like for example, if my chin is prone to break outs, then i'll put some duac on my chin and not just that one pimple...hopefully that helps. but if my skin gets too irritated, i'll cut it down a little. i guess it's a little of trial and error ;) I'll probably avoid the areas that are not prone to breakouts like my cheeks. i usually breakout in my t-zone area.

as for the initial breakout, i think it's going OK...i mean, that whole zit family was not cool (not to mention that it was right between my eyebrows...the absolulte worst spot to get zits :wacko: ). anyway, i'll update you guys. i'm going into my 4th week so i hope things will get better from here!!!! :pray:

thanks again for the advice guys...

eyelids

Do would you have acne on your eyelids?

Nah, you won't get acne on your eyelids. I'm pretty sure there are no sebacous glands on your eyelids since the skin is so thin. Just avoid the whole eye area all together since it is easily irritated.