Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Landis

Excercise?

i'm basically over acne so you might want to listen to someone else. but i heard it was good for your skin and red marks.

I guess it would help, but sweat just makes you break out more so I would do them in the morning before a shower. You dig?

Has anyone found that exercising a few days a week has helped with their skin? just wondering.

Yes.

Because you sweat a lot, and replenish your body water by drinking lots of water.

I drink 3.2-4L of water each day.

Good Luck!

It supposidly does, because it increases bloodflow to your face. Blood flow supposidly clears skin. and since your head is the highest part of your body, gravity is against you, so most of the blood flow is in your toes when you arent excersizing

Yes, I've started and ended 2 workout routines both lasting about 8 weeks, and noticed that my skin improved quite a bit both times.

Starting my third, and permanent, workout routine.

-YC

Try taking a sauna after working out (or on alternate days). Sweat shouldn't make you break out. Here is a bit of info on the benefits of sauna for your skin (courtesy wikipedia): Research has shown that sweat is much more effective than water at emulsifying fat located in the skin's sebaceous glands, and thus at removing the sebum and bacteria lodged in the fat. The vasodilation caused by the high temperatures also allow essential fluids to be transported to the skin's surface. This enhances the development of collagen, giving the skin a continued elasticity and wrinkle-free complexion.

Steambaths and saunas induce sweating to provide a comprehensive cleansing of the skin and sweat glands. Skin is the largest organ in the body. 30% of body wastes are passed through the skin. Profuse sweating enhances the detoxifying capacity of the skin by opening pores and flushing impurities from the body. Researchers have often found that the towels smokers use to sit on in saunas turn yellow as a result of the skin removing impurities and toxins. (ewww to that last part)...

I'd probably say the opposite.

I've noticed that my running makes my face break out.

Not that I'd give it up just because of that. I'm not that vain yet.

Ever since I began doing bodybuilding, my acne started getting worse. So I assume that this rule doenst apply to any type of exercise.

I think cardiovascular exercising is good for acne, but any type of weight lifting is not.

PS: I never eat candy or cookies, drink lemonade or eat anything containing alot of fat and sugar. My diet is unbelievably strict, so the bodybuilding diet doesn't seem to make a difference for acne either. But then again I think the high amounts of protein made my acne worse... Could be a lot of different things.

The best thing you can do is try.

Ever since I began doing bodybuilding, my acne started getting worse. So I assume that this rule doenst apply to any type of exercise.

I think cardiovascular exercising is good for acne, but any type of weight lifting is not.

PS: I never eat candy or cookies, drink lemonade or eat anything containing alot of fat and sugar. My diet is unbelievably strict, so the bodybuilding diet doesn't seem to make a difference for acne either. But then again I think the high amounts of protein made my acne worse... Could be a lot of different things.

I think the only way that lifting weights could cause acne is because your touching weights that a lot of people put their hands one which could lead to bacteria, and then you touch your face. But no ... exercise in general wouldnt cause acne ... People are alwsays saying this and that causes acne and whatnot, which is nonsense because acne is either hormonal, due to clogged pores because of lack of washing or a disease (more severe acne cases) that needs treatment. But things like "food" wouldnt cause it

I have the same experience, I noticed that working out with weights made me break out like crazy with nothing else changing except protein in my diet. It's got to be one of those

y does everyone keep thinkign sweat causes breakouts cause they dont. i say excerise is good.

why does everyone think eating bad foods causes acne? Honestly, I think it has nothing to do with it, but maybe rather the physical touching of the food onto the skin while eating may cuase it.....like a greasy piece of pizza or cheese burger.

Has anyone found that exercising a few days a week has helped with their skin? just wondering.

Yes.

Because you sweat a lot, and replenish your body water by drinking lots of water.

I drink 3.2-4L of water each day.

Good Luck!

:shock: that's insane, JC! how many times do u go to the loo? ( a day)

during the summer, I had to walk like 5 hours or more, and i was also exposed to the sun every day.. I think it cleared me up a bit...

nope. makes it worse.

The main reason, other than the fact I was a skinny runt, for me starting to lift weights because I was adamant that it'd get rid of my spots. If anything i'd say it got worse and if I didn't start the regime on this site i'd still have a pretty bad problem.

That said, any kind of exercise, be it weightlifting or cardio will do wonders for you. Combine that with a fairly healthy diet and you'll reap many rewards. :cool:

I've noticed that my running makes my face break out.

Not that I'd give it up just because of that. I'm not that vain yet.

same. i stopped almost a month ago

butt... i've stopped it was fucking bad.

It's caused by the increase of testosterone. the acne is hormonal.

Same thing happened to me. Try bringing a new towel each time and dry off after every set. Showering right after you lift as well.