Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greenplastic

PEOPLE FROM THE UK, HELP!

is there benzoyl peroxide products besides PANOXYL? because its fricking evil.

and if so where can i get it?

and is it good?

help!

alternatively,, are there any acne products besides BP that have worked well for you? coz the redness is a bitch.

It's only a bitch for a while I've found, and I have very sensitive skin.

IF anything, it's helped the redness of my skin, it's basically hardened it up.

I use Dan's BP once a day, no moisturiser or anything. Sure, it's reddens up a bit for half an hour or so, but its' a small price to pay for clear skin.

In the UK the best we have are:

Oxy On The Spot (2.5%)

Brevoxyl (4%)

Quinoderm 5

Check out the UK forum for reviews and discussions.

You can get them from Boots or Superdrug or pharmacies in supermarkets or any local or Internet pharmacy.

Oxy On The Spot (2.5%)

Brevoxyl (4%)

Quinoderm 5

You can get them from Boots or Superdrug or pharmacies in supermarkets or any local or Internet pharmacy.

Dan's BP is amazing, give it a try if you haven't already. It's a nice clear gel, with no nasty chemically smell. Also, big tubes that cost between £6 and £8 with postage depending on how many you get in one go. Mine arrived in 2 weeks. Fab!!!!

Oxy On The Spot (2.5%)

Brevoxyl (4%)

Quinoderm 5

Dan's BP is amazing, give it a try if you haven't already. It's a nice clear gel, with no nasty chemically smell. Also, big tubes that cost between £6 and £8 with postage depending on how many you get in one go. Mine arrived in 2 weeks. Fab!!!!

I think Dan's BP is brilliant. Well worth the paying the shipping costs.

Quinoderm 5% is the best I've found and Oxy on the spot isn't bad either.

Quinoderm 5% doesn't dry my skin at all and is very effective, it's available behind the pharmacy in boots.

I'm using Quinoderm5 too. It itches a bit but you're right it doesn't dry the skin. It's got moisturising ingredients and lactic acid in so I don't even use a moisturiser with it.

oxy on the spot is around 3.99 at boots or superdrug

its 2.5%

buy one get one free right now as boots.

just near skincare things

works great

I used Oxy first and it was great, ordered Dans gel and my face hurt so bad I couldn't sleep, it itched like crazy and went bright red, I have NO idea why but it's obviously not suitable for everybody but then no product is. It must be a preservative or something in the gel that didn't agree with me.

That said Dans gel had a beautiful feel to it and absorbed like a dream and my skin felt matte after aplication and not at all greasy. If only it didn't have the ingredient in it that caused the bad reaction.

For my skin Oxy and Quinoderm are perfect.

is there benzoyl peroxide products besides PANOXYL? because its fricking evil.

and if so where can i get it?

and is it good?

help!

alternatively,, are there any acne products besides BP that have worked well for you? coz the redness is a bitch.

greetings..

hope this helps.

ive tried all panoxy 5 percent and dans bp but on both ocassions i went back to brevoxyl 4 percent for one simple reason.. it is by far the best acne product ive ever used. only reason ive attempted to switch has been to move to a gel formula so i do not have residue issues that can happen with cream.

been using brevoxyl since july 06 and its awesome at not just keeping spots away but killing new ones in their track.

my skins also adapted to it and i do not get hardly any flakes at all when i use my moisturiser with jojoba. right now i'm 100 percent clear and my skins never looked better since i been on bp. looks very good actually.

panoxy i tried but was way too drying and dans bp broke me out within 3 hours of first application. neither come close to brevoxyl ive found.. but hey! thats me, you'll probably hear different tales from others. just experiment and find the one that works best for you. i recomend brevoxyl tho. good luck anyway