Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi there! Just registered with this forum. Having read some of the posts here I have noticed a lot of people are getting depressed over the state of their skin. The solution to this is not to think about it. If you do you will feel more uncomfortable in social situations because you are too busy wondering what other people are thinking about, which leads to stress. More stress means worse skin for you. Its a downward spiral but just try and not think about your spots for one day. If you manage this, you will feel a lot happier- I guarantee you. And the appearance of your skin will look better the next morning!

For years I have been worrying about my appearance far too much. As an acne sufferer, I have tried using all sorts of methods to get rid of my spots but to no avail but then I realised appearance isn't everything. It is what inside that counts. People do not care whether you are ugly or not. If I met someone who was ugly, I won't go he is ugly therefore I don't like him. Seriously, people have better things to do in life than to point out flaws in your skin.

I still have acne, but after adopting my new way of thinking, my acne is starting to clear up. I only have a few red patches left on both cheeks and overall my skin is less oily than it was before. In my opinion I think acne isn't the root of the problem, I think it is the insecurity within many of us that is driving us to depression.

So trust me on this forget about your spots and you willregain your self-esteem allowing you to get on with your life.

Good luck to you all!

Hi Alsatian

I so agree with you, n i am pritty much clued up to alot of things regarding the emotional affects as ive been through it with myself time and time again. ](*,)

Theres post called depression on about same thing.

Just a kick up the arse, positive thinking and a goodnight out gets you on the way biggrin.gif/

You know what im thinking it might boil down to...

Accept-ence

Acccpt we have acne, live with it and like you say not keep letting it get in the way of how we live our lives - Cuz it does.

Sounds so easy in writing it... Only it wernt so darn hard!! ](*,)

Rach x

Guest fatman_uk

Luckily, no-one on this board has it as bad as him... i can guarantee it.

-Gaz

Guest agentx

damn man ... even i had it BAD ... but seeing that pic makes me cry. Think about how HE gets around each minute of his life. Poor soul. I hope he`s better now.

People do not care whether you are ugly or not. If I met someone who was ugly, I won't go he is ugly therefore I don't like him. Seriously, people have better things to do in life than to point out flaws in your skin.

Oh.my.God. I feel really sorry for that guy but I am sure that the majority of sufferers here do not have acne as bad as him. Otherwise why would you people (who I assume are also acne sufferers) respond with shock? Even I felt surprised at how acne could reach such severity and I have pretty bad acne myself. Unfortunately I don't think what I have said in my previous post could help people with acne like him as much as the rest of us.

I admit it seems so easy in writing to say you should live your life as if you didn't have acne. I agree it is no walk in the park by any means, as it took me several months to get into that state of mind. But believe me it really helps if you are feeling emotionally down, so give it a try. There's no harm in trying is there? It may take days, weeks, months, or even years depending on the individual before you reach that level of confidence. I am sorry NotMyFault that you have to cope with hurtful comments, but try your best to ignore them and don't take it to heart. Once I got called spotty by a toddler. Do you know how I dealt with that? I just shrugged it off and thought to myself, he's only a kid he doesn't know what he's talking about.

first off i doubt thats acne he has. it really doesnt look like it to me.

second off, notmyfault i agree with you 100%. all the comments that gave me a complex about acne came from people who supposedly love me. my parents, my friends, etc. no one that doesnt like me or i dont like them ever said anything about it. i cant take the fact that when they look at me all they see is acne. why do we have to suffer?

first off i doubt thats acne he has. it really doesnt look like it to me.

second off, notmyfault i agree with you 100%. all the comments that gave me a complex about acne came from people who supposedly love me. my parents, my friends, etc. no one that doesnt like me or i dont like them ever said anything about it. i cant take the fact that when they look at me all they see is acne. why do we have to suffer?

yeah...try saying it when you look like him:

Yer and comments like that do???

Abit ov positivity dont do no-one any harm. As servere or not acne iz , as fat or not so pritty.. works all wayz.

And leon your comment iz to true, there are alot of ppl worse off than ourselves.I often think... god rachel stop thinking youve got issues it aint a scrath on what some folk go through!!

But yer everyone has there thing that they go through which they deal with as we have no choice to

Garenteed my feeling shit always returns sad.gif I mean i fight it everyday

Rach x

Abit ov positivity dont do no-one any harm. As servere or not acne iz , as fat or not so pritty.. works all wayz.

Rach x

it's sooooo hard 4 me not to think about it cuz i go 2 highschool and everyone there has it!!! basically making contact with anyone reminds me of it, but i try to ignore it. i do think however my acne/scarring has made me much more openminded to other people's problems. for example: i use to always laugh at retarded folks but now i feel pity for them. my acne has also made me realize how lucky i am to be who i am. there are millions of starving AIDs infested children in Africa who'd kill to be me. So oeverall, i'm sorta happy i had acne, it opened my mind up and made me much more sympathetic, but omg the fucking acne needs to dieee!!!

it's sooooo hard 4 me not to think about it cuz i go 2 highschool and everyone there has it!!! basically making contact with anyone reminds me of it, but i try to ignore it. i do think however my acne/scarring has made me much more openminded to other people's problems. for example: i use to always laugh at retarded folks but now i feel pity for them. my acne has also made me realize how lucky i am to be who i am. there are millions of starving AIDs infested children in Africa who'd kill to be me. So oeverall, i'm sorta happy i had acne, it opened my mind up and made me much more sympathetic, but omg the fucking acne needs to dieee!!!

Acne is just something we should all forget about. Life is far too short to be feeling miserable all the time. We should count ourselves lucky because acne will eventually go away. It doesn't last forever. However, think about handicapped people who were born blind, deaf or mute. They haven't got the slightest ray of hope of getting better, but they can still lead fulfilling lives. The emotional and psyschological problems attached to having acne is something that we can all overcome if we remain strong and positive.

Acne is just something we should all forget about. Life is far too short to be feeling miserable all the time. We should count ourselves lucky because acne will eventually go away. It doesn't last forever. However, think about handicapped people who were born blind, deaf or mute. They haven't got the slightest ray of hope of getting better, but they can still lead fulfilling lives. The emotional and psyschological problems attached to having acne is something that we can all overcome if we remain strong and positive.

Yer ....i think it does everyone good to open there eyes and take a look around every now and then.

Now that is just painful to look at!

I trust the guy in the photo must of had some sort of immune system disorder to be that badly infected?

Hi there! Just registered with this forum. Having read some of the posts here I have noticed a lot of people are getting depressed over the state of their skin. The solution to this is not to think about it. 

So trust me on this forget about your spots and you willregain your self-esteem allowing you to get on with your life.

It's not the fact that we have it bad, it's the fact that others have it so good that pisses us off the most.

^agree

And I agree with the don't get all depressed stuff, but it DOESN'T mean that we HAVE to live with acne, I don't believe, am not, and never will.

It doesn't make sense that we have to when others don't have to.

It's true that we must not think way too much about our acne, yet we can't ignore it either.

I think it's so much better to try regimens and not worry too much than to ignore the whole matter and treat as though nothing happened.