Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onestyle

They say I won't make it

Everyone keeps saying that I'll fail high school and life. The way things are currently, they are right.

I need to prove them wrong, but thats because I need to be motivated to better my education and life (educational mainly). I'm not doing it for them though, I want and need to improve my self, and i have to become a better being instead of a lazy and dismissive person.

Please help me and give me some inspirational, positive and influential advice that I need, and im sure others also need.

Stuff like 'You only live one life, so you have to make the best of it' is good, but have been said too commonly...

You'll make it because there's really nothing else to do. That's how I keep myself going in those really hard times. Someone once told me that making a positive effort in my life was nothing more than getting out of bed, putting my two feet flat on the floor, and showing up for Life.

When I think about it that way, it seems far less overwhelming. One step at a time, one thing at a time. I get overwhelmed pretty easily sometimes, so if I break it down to just one foot in front of the other, it makes it easier.

Everyone keeps saying that I'll fail high school and life. The way things are currently, they are right.

I need to prove them wrong, but thats because I need to be motivated to better my education and life (educational mainly). I'm not doing it for them though, I want and need to improve my self, and i have to become a better being instead of a lazy and dismissive person.

Please help me and give me some inspirational, positive and influential advice that I need, and im sure others also need.

Stuff like 'You only live one life, so you have to make the best of it' is good, but have been said too commonly...

high school is easy :) you can do it. just do your homework and spend a little bit of time studying.

Just tell yourself that u wana go far in life.....and want to make the most out of it!

Work as hard as u possible can now...and good things will follow in later life lol! Thats what people tell me anywayz :angel:

good luck...im sure u will succeed

Onestyle, I was in the same boat as you are in now. I actually dropped out of high school. And I love to learn! Everyone told me I would just be another high school dropout; a bad feeling that was, and the thought almost killed me because I'm a really smart person. But things at that time in my life were not so good. There were days I just wanted to fade away. But I told myself that if I ever wanted to be free and happy that I would have to do something about myself to achieve it. So, I reenrolled back in school, against everything opposing me, and now I'm graduating in December, and I have plans to go to college. It's not that hard once you take that first, fundamental step. Your right, you need to do it for yourself. I want to see the world, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to lieing in my bed depressed. I'm sure you have many hopes and dreams, if you want to ever realize them, you must strive to achieve them. You will succeed in life if you try. Only try, and you will.

I always want to know where these "Detractors" get their info from. Is that psychic Miss cleo still on or something? I mean seriously how can they know 1st off what the future holds and second and more imortantly what it will hold for you? What is their defintion of making it? I mean really, some people think that making it is making x amount of dollars a year and driving this car or that car. My definition of making it is that you are a happy well adjusted person. That's it. Material things are inconsequential in the grand scheme of life. I'd rather be content than rich and bitter. (Rich and content would be good though, LOL)

It's really pretty simple though all we can ever do is the best we can. And nobody else can dictate to us what our future will be. Keep fighting the good fight, there is no such thing as not making it unless we decide there is.

My most-loved one's father is such an inspiration to me. He grew up in the middle of nowhere, where everyone lived in run-down trailers, they were all on welfare, and no one ever got out. His dad was an alcoholic and abusive, and left. His mom had abusive live-in boyfriends that beat the kids. They were so poor at one point he had to eat vegetable peelings out of the neighbors trash - and he was only like 6 years old. He started working to support the family at age 12. When he was older he decided he wanted a way out, so he worked as hard as he could, he worked nights, he went to school, he got a business degree, and started working for a huge corporation, at the bottom. He ended up being president of this huge corporation, retired, and started his own company. He's a multi-millionaire now, has a great wife, and great kids and grandkids. He is so kind-hearted, he sends money to his family members who refuse to leave the dregs he grew up in. I look at that, and say, IT CAN BE DONE.

Well I left school so my advice may not be on par with everybody elses but for what it's worth...

You can have whatever you want in life, take it.

If you're into latin, carpe diem.

Nike say it best:

IPB Image

I left school at age twelve. I'm entirely self-taught. I was an extremely precocious child. Last year I entered the university at an early age.

Who says you have to follow a structured way of life? Make your own way. Some follow, some lead, and some prefer to be independent.

Who says you have to follow a structured way of life? Make your own way. Some follow, some lead, and some prefer to be independent.

What a true and wonderful statement. You've got your stuff together, james :clap:

People can say what they want and they will bring you down, but the best thing you can do is say to yourself, "The ultimate payback is to succeed." My mom has been saying this to me for years, and it really works. When you begin to go places and move forward in life, those left behind become envious and vengeful toward your ability to succeed. I always say, "They can't make you, but they can break you." If you allow them to break you down, then they will automatically think they were right all along. Just bide your time for now, finish school, become a successful citizen and show those who didn't believe in you, that you are worth all of it. You're the creator of your destiny, and the path you choose will ultimately lead to something greater, if you allow it to flourish in the brightest light. Be positive. You will get there.

K - This is gonna sound a bit naff but the words from Christina Aguilera's song "Fighter" (which I think are aimed at her detractors and people who thought she would never make it) are quite good. They go something like

"Makes me that much stronger

Makes me work a little bit harder

Makes me that much wiser

Thanks for making me a fighter

Made me learn a little bit faster

Made my skin a little bit thicker

[forgot the next line but you get the drift]

Thanks for making me a fighter"

Guest flutistgurl26

well take it from me... the LAST thing you want to do is wait for the perfect motivation to start being productive in your life. I did that for a long time until I finally understood what it really comes down to is your will. If your will to do something is strong enough, you CAN do it. But it HAS to come from within yourself. Don't depend on other people to provide your motivation. The saying is true.. "Action produces inspiration". It is rarely the other way around. Many people make the mistake of believing that they can't start moving forward in life until they are motivated enough. That is just a trap that's easy to fall into. What you need to do is not overthink it. Chances are that you already know what you need to do to achieve your goal. Write those things down. Every day always be taking little steps toward each of those things. If one of them is that you need to get better grades, set up a study schedule and stick to it like you've never stuck to anything before. Write down exactly when you will work (i.e. 5:30-6:30pm -School work).

What I'm about to say is the most important advice I can give you. If you don't take this advice, you will fail: When you make schedules and goals, you must NEVER stray from them. Never, EVER have the attitude that it's ok to stray away from your schedule and/or goals for even one day. Treat your schedules and goals like they are the last ones you will ever have. The only exception is if you need to change your schedule for a GOOD reason. (i.e. your boss says you have to work during a time when you were supposed to focus on school). But ignoring your plans for frivilous reason (such as using the computer, watching tv, taking a nap, etc) is not acceptable. If you decide one day to ignore your schedule and watch tv instead of getting to work, you will develop a passive, dismissive attitude toward your goal. If you allow yourself to stray, you'll convince yourself that it's ok to not always follow your own rules. Don't set yourself up for that kind of failure.

My point is, if you truly want to change, stop what your doing at this very moment and get out a piece of paper with something to write with. Jot down your goal and all the steps it will take to accomplish it. Then make a schedule for yourself that will help you to achieve your goal and DON'T stray from that plan.

Do this, and I guarentee you will improve beyond your expectations.

Two of my favorite musicians are brothers (Roy and Victor Wooten) who perform with Bela Fleck. I read in an interview that their mother used to tell them that when they look in the mirror every morning "Remember...you will not meet a single person today who is worth more than the man you are looking at right now."

Those are powerful words and worth keeping in mind!

W+S

I was blessed, just had the ability for memory retention. Now all gone :lol:

My just turned 8 year old attended a private school, he had writing problems and spelling problems which I was unnaware of.

I saw his work close to the school year end and finally, and made an appt. to see the principle. He said you worry too much, by grade 5 if he is not doing well enough we will get an occupational therapist to work with him.

Huh, well he was going into Gade 3 (he is in it now), and was writing from the bottom up.

Well I changed and reaserched schools. This one was a tad more money and no bussing, but the learning concept is way different.

The kids have an "agenda" and they are responsible for their own work. Total accountability on the child for his goals, weaknesses, (he has to write down weekly on what he needs to improve on and how he may find a way to do it, like to do better on his weak parts.) And has to follow it through.

What a change in him! It is barely 3 months in and he is doing real well. More mature too.

So maybe take into account your weaknesses, and how and what you can do to improve to do well and better.

If it worked for a little kid, you should be OK.

Anyways, just a story I thougt would help ya....... :)

well dude

i used to have the clearest skin in the world

than i started growing out my hair long thinking the whole "emo/scene" kid hair was sexy or some shit and had it for awhile, acne started developing under all of it.

i found out, too self consious to get it cut and let everyone see, kept it.

got worse, got worse mentally, physically.

years passed, worsened worsened.

to self concsious to even go to school, dropped out.

try to get a g.e.d, lack motivation to even do so even when i have one test left, i was supposed to go two/three weeks ago, now im sitting here typing this.

it seems just so easy to not try especially when all this negativity is floating around the air.

all i can say, is dont turn down my road.

life is to short to spend it worrying, i just wish i could take my own advice

You've gotten some really great advice here!! :)

It's all about setting goals! Picture yourself at 40... where do you want to be in your life? How will you get there? Most importantly, if you continue on the path you're currently on, where will you be in 10, 20 years? Really be realistic about this. Do you like what you see? If not, take a good look at your life and figure out what changes you need to make in order to take control of your life. Write those changes down into goals, and look at those goals everyday. Do something to work towards those goals everyday. It's vital to have goals. Without goals, you may find you're simply wondering around in circles.

Secondly, make your own dreams. Don't just do what others expect of you. If school, isn't your thing, so what. Some of the richest people in this world are entreprenuers who never went to college or even finished high school. I know lots of people who are doing very well in life that never got a degree. Of course, for most, college is a good idea, but success must be measured by your standards alone. It's definitely not all about money either, it's more about looking at your life and realizing that you did your best to use your potential - that you followed "your" dreams for yourself - that you didn't let yourself down.

You owe it to yourself to live "your" best life. Figure out what that life is, how to get there, and start working on it. Even if you don't have your dreams figured out (most of us don't!) just do something to progressively move yourself up and forward. Remember, If You Fail to Plan, You Plan to Fail!

Get your fucken diploma. I regretted not going through promotion so damn badly for a while.