Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swartgevaar

Alternating sides of my face???????

Probably no specific reason for it, but does anyone find that one side of their face will flare up and then as it clears the other side flares? Seems like I constantly have one side that's worse than the other....

Probably no specific reason for it, but does anyone find that one side of their face will flare up and then as it clears the other side flares? Seems like I constantly have one side that's worse than the other....

I have the same problem..... I think mine alternates because one side will be bad so I will avoid phone or pillows or anything on that side..... then the other side breaks out.... ongoing cycle. UGH!!

This happens to me, and the weirdest thing of all is that one side will flare up, and then clear and then the other side will break out in the EXACT same places, I'm talking like the same kind of pimple in the same place on the opposite side... it's sooo screwed up.... UGH I hate it!!!

my left side was completely clear, not even any red marks, until about 2 months ago :cry: . My right side has always had the problem. Have you ever heard that one whole side of your body is different than the other? Like your two ears are usually slightly different, etc? I wonder if one side produces more oil than the other. I thought maybe it was sleep positions, but I sleep on my back.

Me too, but as I was reading this same post I have seen over and over for years on this site and others, I got to thinking....(I couldn't tell if all of you were females posting) as we ovulate we alternate sides every month. Maybe this has something to do with it. Just a guess.

Yeah....same here. At the moment, the right cheek is worse than the left. I think it's 'cause I sleep on my stomach and sometimes I face left and sometimes I face right ... wait :confused: ....that didn't make any sense at all. Well, I think you get what I mean.

At the moment my right side is terrible. My left side is completely clear. I talk with the phone on my left side, and I sleep on my left side... :think: The annoying thing is that at work my right side is the side in view of people... :wall:

Yep, me to. It tends to be my right side that I have the worst problems with. But I do everything with my right side also so thats probably part of the reason.

You all just have a disfiguring genetic fault- totally incureable. Your sebaceous glands are more active on one particular side of your face than the other, that is basically it.

My acne does the EXACT same thing!

I wonder why.

What is your diet like? I wholeheartedly recommend the green smoothie for acne- I am 28 years old, and started developing acne at age 19, alternating between my right and left cheeks. It got progressively worse, and I tried EVERYTHING- all types of lotions, herbal remedies, antibiotics, expensive cleansers, etc. The ONLY thing that has worked for me is the green smoothie- you can find many posts on it in the diet/holistic health section. It's really easy to make- all you need is a blender, kale, apple, banana, and pear.

Good luck!

Yes, I also get alternating sides of my face. Sometimes when speaking to people I will try to cover one side, or siting next to somebody. It drives me crazy!!