Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spmurph

Retin-A or Green Cream?

I am thinking about using one of these topicals to help with my mild inflammatory/hormonal acne and oily skin. I have been using cephalexin (500mg 2x/day) for about three weeks so I am not concerned about an IB. I do not have health care so the only Retin-A i can get is the generic cream at either .025% or .05%. However, it is still cheaper than the Green Cream. Any Suggestions?

I have never had the luck with retin A as with Green Cream.

There is a good thread on it here, see what you think. :)

You can order a few samples, but I think to notice a good effect, you need a bit longer than that.

Try using ACV as a toner 50/50 dilution with water. It is sooo good. There is a long but well worth reading thread on that too.

Hope I helped somewhat!

For mild acne, Green Cream may be enough for you. If it's not, you can always move up to Retin-A and your skin will already be acclimated to the retinoid so it should be a relatively easy transition. If you go with Green Cream, make sure you follow the directions on how to ease into it so you avoid irritation. Another one to consider is Diacneal which is a glycolic acid/retinol combo product that may be more effective against active acne. Expect some purging with any of these.