Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swartgevaar

Whey Protein?

Hey everyone

My skin has only really been bad in the last two years which got me thinking about changes in my lifestyle that may have worsened it in this time. One thing that comes to mind is the use of whey protein almost daily as a training supplement. Does anyone know if there could be any correlation between this and my skin?

Thanks...

I take whey protien isolate HMS 90, for endurance and energy.

Dont know about the skin, but overall health and energy is not a bad thing.

Everything healthy counts. Give it a try.

Thanks B-B. Maybe my post was a little ambiguous - I have been using whey protein daily and was wondering if this could be making my skin worse. Have found some research that suggests dairy may have an impact on one's hormonal levels. Guess whey is a concentrated form of dairy and may therefore be a cause...

Anyone?

theres a guy named 'Necromancer' on here who uses that stuff. he is a bodybuilder. but his skin is good. i wanted to start lifting but now i'm afraid to get that stuff :(.

I used to take whey and creatine all the time. My skin broke out terribly a few months after I started taking them. I blamed it on the supplements, and quit taking them. My skin got a little better but not a whole lot. I am 99% clear now, and have been taking whey protein, creatine, and L glutamine for the past 3 months or so and I can safely say it doesn't affect my skin any. I think I jumped the gun on blaming the supplements on my skin.

i'm a bodybuilder/weightlifter, too. while, i never really found a correlation between whey and acne (when i used to use whey), i do think that whey is a complete waste of money. if you simply modify your diet a little bit, you shouldn't need any bodybuilding-related supplements (you'll also get higher quality proteins and vitamins through regular food.) i've been lifting weights for 14 years, so i'm no stranger to this stuff. i'm not trying to change the subject here to the "debate on the effectiveness of whey protein supplements", but if you don't *need* to take whey, then you wouldn't have to worry about if it's going to aggrivate your acne.

just my $0.02.