Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spillett

:( How Long Does The IB Last??

Last day of WEEK 3 being on Accutane and the IB is really bad. I have been breaking out since middle of WEEK 2 but today is just awful:

IPB Image

Please tell me the IB doesn't last the entire course...

I ALSO HAVE A FEW LARGE SPOTS AT THE SIDE OF MY FACE, ON THE NECK AREA, WHICH YOU CAN'T SEE

Your skin looks good, in my opinion. I don't think there is an exact length of time for how long an IB can last. Depending on the severity, it could take longer for some people to heal than others. You don't necessarily stop breaking out right away while on Accutane. You may break out until you're in your 3rd month. It really varies from person to person. I've heard of some whom have broken out, mildly, until their 2nd to last and final months of their course, then they started clearing up. Yours doesn't seem as severe, so it should clear up in a week or more.

You call that awful? That frankly makes me a little angry.

But anyway, the IB usually lasts for a month or so, but everyone is different. It's impossible to predict.

angry? me too. and also angry at the doctor that prescribed accutane to you in the first place, spillett. I see nothing but aggravation in your future, and you coming here to bitch how accutane made your non-exsistant acne worse.

:wall:

You say you have large spots on the sides of your face and neck?

Well why didn't you show pics of those?... I doubt you got accutane for your face. Maybe bacne?...ANYWAY, you're making alot of people on here feel like shit complaining about what you have on your face when people have an IB 20x worse.

Guest ThereIsHope

OMG my face is 5x worse NOW and I havnt even gotten an IB yet!! :evil::evil:

err. I'm not saying my breakout is worse than anyone elses. But it is my skin and I have a right to feel low about breaking out. I've had acne for around 6 years so that is the reason I was prescribed Accutane, as nothing else was working.

I'm sorry some people find my picture offensive in some way. If I had known I'd come up against so much unpleasant replies I wouldn't have bothered.

I was only asking a question. Some were kind enough to reply. Others just slagging me off for not having a breakout as bad as theirs is so childish.

err. I'm not saying my breakout is worse than anyone elses. But it is my skin and I have a right to feel low about breaking out. I've had acne for around 6 years so that is the reason I was prescribed Accutane, as nothing else was working.

I'm sorry some people find my picture offensive in some way. If I had known I'd come up against so much unpleasant replies I wouldn't have bothered.

I was only asking a question. Some were kind enough to reply. Others just slagging me off for not having a breakout as bad as theirs is so childish.

Hey, don't feel too bad. I took accutane and still suffer from IB 15 years later and apparently I'm the devil for saying anything negative about Jesus...errrr....Accutane.

Hey people geez... I understand we're all pissed off about our skin problems, but alot of people out there consider their "mild" acne a serious problem for themselves. He was just asking a simple question and hoping to get some positive responses in the process.

Everyone looks at their own personal case differently and will judge for themselves if they think they have severe or mild acne.

Just cut out the "angry" thing and answer his question.

Or be extra helpful and direct him to another spot where his question might be answered.

But I do agree with some, I think Accutane might be an extreme option from your doctor.

You could end up with serious liver problems. Not to mention it could actually worsen your case.

Hope all is well with everyone!

::Hugs:: ;)

P.s. I'm not shooting anyone down in this post just posting an opinion.... I'm glad we've got a place to do that!

it's not childish. you coming on here saying you have acne when you clearly do not is insulting to the people who actually suffer from it.

I'm sorry you didn't get nice replies, but when you have a problem, say.... acne...... we should be able to help you here.

shame on your derm for giving you accutane.

unless your picture you photoshopped out all your acne and put in perfect clear skin, skin tone, and pores.

Hey, don't feel too bad. I took accutane and still suffer from IB 15 years later and apparently I'm the devil for saying anything negative about Jesus...errrr....Accutane.

i think by IB he means initial breakout, not irritable bowel just to be clear.

anyway, to spillet, it usually only lasts a short time. usually if you get one it's over after the first month or two.

it's not childish. you coming on here saying you have acne when you clearly do not is insulting to the people who actually suffer from it.

I'm sorry you didn't get nice replies, but when you have a problem, say.... acne...... we should be able to help you here.

shame on your derm for giving you accutane.

unless your picture you photoshopped out all your acne and put in perfect clear skin, skin tone, and pores.

PS i happen to love photoshop though...

it's amazing

and then we've got mirrors..

ugh

anyhow!!!

true Czyblonde, we didn't really answer his question.

no. the IB doesn't last that long, maybe a month.......

BUT, for you..... it will probably make your face a lot worse, so be prepared for that. and by worse, I mean you will probably loose that clear, perfect, smooth skin tone. Accutane will most likely make your face red, scar, and might give you cysts.

true Czyblonde, we didn't really answer his question.

no. the IB doesn't last that long, maybe a month.......

BUT, for you..... it will probably make your face a lot worse, so be prepared for that.

My doctor prescribed me Accutane but I couldn't take it because of former liver problems and that was a total let down.

But I ended up saving money...

It's quite expensive and should only be used by people with really bad cases...

otherwise you could end up flaring up and it not helping at all and having to find an alternative method.

That said

I love this place though...

Everyone is so smart and helpful! ;)

Peace

From the FDA Website

· Abdomen (stomach area) problems. Certain symptoms may mean that your internal organs are being damaged. These organs include the liver, pancreas, bowel (intestines), and esophagus (connection between mouth and stomach). If your organs are damaged, they may not get better even after you stop taking Accutane. Stop taking Accutane and call your prescriber if you get severe stomach, chest or bowel pain, trouble swallowing or painful swallowing, new or worsening heartburn, diarrhea, rectal bleeding, yellowing of your skin or eyes, or dark urine.

From the FDA Website

· Abdomen (stomach area) problems. Certain symptoms may mean that your internal organs are being damaged. These organs include the liver, pancreas, bowel (intestines), and esophagus (connection between mouth and stomach). If your organs are damaged, they may not get better even after you stop taking Accutane. Stop taking Accutane and call your prescriber if you get severe stomach, chest or bowel pain, trouble swallowing or painful swallowing, new or worsening heartburn, diarrhea, rectal bleeding, yellowing of your skin or eyes, or dark urine.

once again, initial breakout, not irritable bowel. the acronyms can be confusing.

Damn it I just confessed to 15 years of irratable Bowel too!

IF dude is talking initial breakout, he has no room to talk.

yes, he's talking about initial breakout....... people do NOT use IB for talking about anything to do with their bowels. for crap sakes. :rolleyes:

read another website about accutane dude, there's lots.

You have the right to take accutane. I agree with the other's that your acne is not bad at all, but if you choose to take accutane for it that is your decision, and don't feel bad about it. It is not our job to be the "accutane police" and throw sensationalized information at you. I'm sure you already knew and understand any risks involved when you made your decision to take it. Sorry if this is off topic, but I felt a need to throw my two cents in :D

You have the right to take accutane. I agree with the other's that your acne is not bad at all, but if you choose to take accutane for it that is your decision, and don't feel bad about it. It is not our job to be the "accutane police" and throw sensationalized information at you. I'm sure you already knew and understand any risks involved when you made your decision to take it. Sorry if this is off topic, but I felt a need to throw my two cents in :D

Exactly, thank you. I think it's unfair for people to assume they know my skin condition based on one picture? And as previously stated - my skin has been problematic since I was 16 (I am now 23). I have been on various antibiotics and tried many faces washes/scrubs/remedies etc and nothing worked. I was prescribed Accutane based on having persistant acne. Mild, yes - I never claimed I had it bad. My first post was simply a question as to how long IB usually tends to last.

finallymejess - You seem to have issues, you blast anyone who doesn't have acne/breakouts/bad skin as bad as yourself. How pathetic.

hey, i know what a few persistent acne can do to you. don't listen to their comments. you're just comin for help.

whats your dosage?

for your mild acne, i suggest you go read up on dr. plewig, low dose acne. Perhaps, a higher dosage may aggravate things. a low dose accutane may be more apt.

good luck!