Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MY BACKGROUND:

I'm an 18 year old female. I started getting pimples in 6th grade, but it wasn't bad at all. Just that normal growing up stuff. When i started junior high, i started getting tiny little bumps all over my forehead. Over years they turned into full on pimples and cycts. In 8th grade i started going to a dermatoligist. Over the next few years I tried tons of different oral and topical medications to try and help me out. None of them did much good, until i tried Tazorac. This helped clear me up some, and by the end of highschool my acne was better. However, I now am struggling with deep cystic scarring and constant red marks and painful zits which dont seem to go away. Accutane is my last resort and should push out those under skin cysts, help with my scarring, and stop me from getting any more painful bumps. I sure hope so at least =). Well, here i go! On my way to clear skin:

Day 1: Took the first pill. I was pretty nervous to start but i want it to be over with. Im going to be on tane for 4 months so the sooner i start, the sooner ill be done. I woke up this night with a pounding headache. =/.

Day 2: Everything is fine. Nothing has happened yet, no mor headache and im just happy to be on an accutane routine. Used cetaphil today so that should be good while on Accutane, right? Ive been using lip balm like crazy, even though my lips arent close to dry yet. I just want to be prepared! =)

Day 3: My BACK HURTS!!! I layed in bed this night tossig and turning because the muscles in my lower back are just so sore. I'm pretty sure this is from accutane, because this kind of pain usually only happens once a month!

Day 4: This is today, everything is fine. No headaches. I do still have back aches though, but it isnt bad at all. Just a little annoying. My boyfriend was putting lotion on my back today and told me that i had little red spots on it, like little teeny pimples coming out. is this normal from the tane?!?!? I havent had any pimples on my back since like 8th grade!!! Im hoping that maybe the tane is just pushing out anything bad that might be in there :think: . Could someone let me know? anyway, tomorrow is day 5 and im lookin forward to it =D

Hey stevie!

Good luck with taneeee!

Yeaaa you're most likely going to get a breakout the first 3 weeks or so on this stuff. I'm on week 2 and it sucks. We have the same situation starting out so hopefully it wont get too bad for you. For me it seems a lot worse because it was kindof mild to begin with.

It'll pass though! I have soooo many friends that took it and had severe acne and now 5 months later they have better skin than I ever did!

Hang in there!!!! And keep in touch!

-Me!

Good luck with your skin! I just started on Accutane as well and am looking forward to seeing some changes! Hope it goes well for you!

Day 5: So today is my fifth day. My lips are still fine, no drying. My skin isnt drying yet either. BUT, i just got out of the shower and my face is SO red!!! It feels hot too. I put on thie Ponds age defying moisturizer that i always use and im pretty sure tonight my last night with that stuff. It feels like i need to use very gentle stuff now, my skin feels super sensitive. YAY. This makes me happy. Ive been wanting to see SOME sign of this stuff in action =D

Hey Stevie,

Just wanted to let you know I too got annoying lower back pain in the beginning of my course, i had it for like a week then it went away, so your not alone :D

Hey Steve, good luck on your accutane course!

I'm sure it's quite cold over there in Seattle right now, make sure you're moisturizing properly! I remember when I took my course it was so dry my nose was bleeding :o

Anywho good luck with your course, I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Cheers!

Day 6: THANKSGIVING!! =D. I feel fine today. My back is still sore. Last night it hurt like craaaaaazy. So painful. But oh well. My lips sting a little today though, i think they're starting to dry out. My skin is acting a little bit funny, im getting teeny pimples on weird places on my face that i normally dont have them. Oh well. Itll be worth it.

Edit: Lips feeling pretty sarn dry today =/. hurray for aquaphor.

Day 7: My knees hurt today! It feels like ive been walking all day or putting a ton of pressure on them. I havent been, but i guess it's the sore body parts thing!

Day 8: Today my muscles and knees are okay, but my head is FREAKING KILLING ME!!!!! Ive fallen asleep twice today too, does this happen to anyone else!?!?

My muscles hurt a lot too during my course. It might be a good plan to invest in some fish oil supplements to help out.

I've heard about headaches, I never had a problem with them. Just take some advil and if it doesn't get any better maybe put an ice pack on your head? Good luck Stevie.

Day 8: Today my muscles and knees are okay, but my head is FREAKING KILLING ME!!!!! Ive fallen asleep twice today too, does this happen to anyone else!?!?

I havent had any muscles or knee problems...

but the falling asleep and exhaustion are quite common for me.

I've experienced the exhaustion on day 3, and I've experienced it almost every day ever since.

i slowly got used to it and its not that bad anymore as it was back then, but still it pisses me off.(I'm on day 60 btw)

also I had 2-3 strong headaches when I first started using accutane, but havent had them since then (week one).

here's my log. I started at 10mg, and now am at 30mg, and will be going to 40 next week.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=112328

I havent had any muscles or knee problems...

but the falling asleep and exhaustion are quite common for me.

I've experienced the exhaustion on day 3, and I've experienced it almost every day ever since.

i slowly got used to it and its not that bad anymore as it was back then, but still it pisses me off.(I'm on day 60 btw)

also I had 2-3 strong headaches when I first started using accutane, but havent had them since then (week one).

here's my log. I started at 10mg, and now am at 30mg, and will be going to 40 next week.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=112328

thanks!!!! =D good luck to you.

hey stevie

jus wanted to say best of luck to u with the accutane! Hope all goes well for u and your clear skin days are coming!

:angel:

Guest ThereIsHope

best of luck to you dear!

I'm on day 7 and havnt had any probs other than SSUUPPERRR oily skin and those little baby pimples you were talking about. My skin also seems to be a wee bit more sensitive and is really red when I come out of the shower as well....

best of luck to you dear!

I'm on day 7 and havnt had any probs other than SSUUPPERRR oily skin and those little baby pimples you were talking about. My skin also seems to be a wee bit more sensitive and is really red when I come out of the shower as well....

woo! we're just about on the same days! we can journey together =) haha.

thanks everyone.

keep going girl! I'm sorry ur breaking out a little just keep going through it, hopefully this will only happen for the first little while before you dry out lol. SO fun trust me :rolleyes: but it'll all be worth it in the end!

Day 9: Everythings normal! Same as always.

Day 10: this morning i had so chest pains. I have no idea if its Accutane related but it sur felt weird. When i breathed in deep it hurt, almost like the pain you get when you run a long distance and then stop to catch your breath. That aching pain in your rib cage. Meh. Maybe im just broken! So theres this cyst on my cheek STIll, its been there for weeks, and im sooo tempted to put stuff on it. I wont though, it's super sensitive to the touch. Eeep. Okay, done with my first pack =)

Day 11: Soooo today my bach aches but not very badly. I have been getting SOOO tried randomly. I was on the phone laying in bed today, petting my cat, and the next thing i know, im waking up to my dad's loud cop voice going "Is Stevie taking a nap?!" haha. Soo...Oh i had a cyst on my cheek, and i SWEAR thats the only good good thing ive seen from Accutane so far. It pushed that stuff out! Usually my cycsts linger on my cheeks, then just flatten out a little but they stay under my skin forever. This one came to a head and popped in the shower (sorry if thats gross, i dont think it will be to any of you). I know it says no picking but i had to a little bit since it started to on its own =/. Oh well, i feel better now. It's not gone though, but its a tiny bit smaller now :dance:.

FINALLY some drying action going on! I dont like it but i know it's working now. I had to put on two layers of moisturizer on after my shower tonight. My skin is all read too =(. Oh well, 11 days down! =D

stevie!

I totally know what you mean about those nasty undertheskin things. I had one on my cheek forever and it finally came up to a head the other day. It made me so excited to see it was on its way out! I feel like a weirdo for being happy about a nasty whitehead.

Anyway, looks like you're doing well. keep on keepin