Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zippo

Me, Myself, and My Acne

Hey everyone, my name is David. Let me be just start by describing overview on my journey with acne. I started getting acne when I was around 12 years old. At the time it was pretty mild, and mostly just hormonal. By the time I entered high school, it began getting more moderate, so I finally went to see a derm. He prescribed me minocycline :evil: and some other crap that I can't remember. I was on it for a few months, but still continued to get acne. Went back to see him and he prescribed more usless crap, on top the mino that I was taking. Another few months later and the same thing. It was like that for over a year.

By the time my senior year rolled around I started to give up hope. I had been using mino and so many other over the counter products and nothing worked. Yes, I even tried that piece of garbage Proactive too. :naughty: Well, I finally decided to get off mino. Me having no idea what was about to come. It's like the flood gates to my acne had been opened. All of a sudden I began getting these huge painful cysts all over my face. Thinking back about it, I can even fathom how I got the will to get up and go to school everyday. Especially since this was happening at the worst possible time in my high school experience. I had to miss my own prom, because I looked so grotesque. Graduation was also supposed to be a time for celebration, but instead I just felt like killing myself.

My first semester of college was pretty much the same shit. I was also beginning to finally notice the scars I was getting from my acne too.:cry: Then I found this site. I can't believe it but it's taken me almost a year on this site to finally decide to start taking accutane. During that time I've tried Delna's Regimen, Dan's Regimen, Jessfoliation, and B5. I have to say that only thing that came close to clearing me up was B5. I stopped because I really think that it was causing my hair to get thinner. My acne wasn't too bad after I stopped, so I decided to concentrate on getting rid of my scars. I've been doing things for them, but I have yet to see much improvement so far. It wasn't until this past month or two that my acne started flaring up again. After reading so many success stories, I just decided to say fuck it and go on accutane. I would have gone on it sooner, but I heard one of the side effects is thinning/losing hair. At this point though I'll try anything. I'm too fed up with acne to really give a damn.

Went to a new derm, about two weeks ago (the same derm a friend of mine went to when she was on accutane), and I must say it was not hard at all for me to get it prescribed to me. I just told him about every shit product I've ever used (or all the one I could remember), and he agreed that accutane was the best choice for me. All I really had to to was take a blood test last week, to make sure everything was good. Went back yesterday, and he gave me a prescription for a 30 day supply.:dance: I would have started yesterday, but stupid Walgreens didn't have any in, so I had to wait for today till they got more.

Well, that's my acne story. Hope I didn't sound too depressing/bitter. Just remember this is only the beginning. Stay tuned for the lastest breaking news on my acne and accutane course. Any moment now I'm expecting something exciting to happen.:lol:

Day 1

Today is my start to clear skin! Currently taking 60mgs in two 30mg pills a day. So far things are normal. I think my breakout has really calmed down, but now I have tons of redmarks on my chin.:rolleyes: I hope that accutane starts working ASAP. I'm so so tired of this. I just don't want to deal with it anymore.

Oh, and while I'm on accutane, I will also be using the AcneFree Scar Lotion followed by Camellia Oil (for moisturizing) in the mornings. At night I will be using CP Serum followed by Camellia Oil.

Hey, David. Your story reminds me of me. I'm glad you were able to obtain Accutane. If you need anything, just give me a holler. Best of luck.

What a sad acne story you have :cry:

I just started taking B5 as I read many positive comments about its effectiveness in clearing up acnes.

But, from you, I am now worrying about my hair! My hair is already very little and thin (I am likely to be bald). Hope B5, instead of clearing up acnes, would not have any negative effect on my hair,

Anyway...don't worry about me!

I TRULY HOPE that your CLEAR SKIN day is near! I believe Accutane can help you get to that day very soon.

Don't say you are so tired....please accept my DELICIOUS energy...it will give you fuel to fight for the acnes UNTIL YOU WIN!

Good Luck!

Day 2

Nothing really new to report as of yet. Took my 60 mgs today. I'm dreading the side effect in the next couple of weeks though, because I've got finals coming up. I hope it doesn't interfere too much with that.

Oh, and thanks guys for your comments and support. Much appreciated! :D

Day 3

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!! :D

I got my first nose bleed from accutane today. Not that I wasn't expecting it (same thing happened when I was B5), but I didn't think I would get them so soon. Aw well, I'm just going to have to put vaseline in it before I go to sleep or something. I really think my acne from my breakout has calmed down a lot. I don't know whether to attribute this to accutane or not. My face felt a little irritated today too. Kind of like I had a really minor sunburn. Otherwise, everything has been pretty normal.

Day 4

Nothing new to really report as of yet. I think my skin kind of started peeling around my nose. I just used the Camellia Oil, and it took care of that. Also I'm shocked that my acne is going down so fast.:dance: This is really the calm before the storm. I can already feel it. No bloody nose today though!

Hey, good to hear your acne is going away! It actually depends on the person. Some people never experience the initial breakout. Well atleast I didn't :dance: However, the first month my nose was filled with blackheads and was very rough but that went away on its own! Good Luck :cool:

Hey, good to hear your acne is going away! It actually depends on the person. Some people never experience the initial breakout. Well atleast I didn't :dance: However, the first month my nose was filled with blackheads and was very rough but that went away on its own! Good Luck :cool:

I hope that's case with me, but I'm just not sure. Oh, as per your advice, I picked up some Pantene Pro-V today. Do you wash your hair everyday?

wow good luck, David! :D we'll stay tuned!

Gracia's muchacha! :D

Day 5

Maybe I'm barely noticing this now but my face is really covered in clogged pores. I knew I had some, but not this many. Perhaps it's the accutane bringing all the crap to the surface. Oh, and I'm really noticing the blackheads on my nose and around my cheeks too. Not to mention how oily my skin is. I was walking past a mirror in my house, and seriously my face was shinning and giving off it's own light.:dry: I'm getting some more pimples on my chin and around my mouth again. Not really a breakout though. I do have this big pimple on my cheek though. I think it's actually growing inside one of my scars. :wacko: Might be due to the acnefree scar lotion, since I've only been using it on my cheeks, which is where all my scars are. Also had a little bit of blood in my nose, but nothing too bad. Still no dry or chapped lips yet. Supposedly that's when you know it's starting to work.

I don't wash my hair everyday now but I wash it every other day. However, the first week I had some mad dandruff and that was a pre-existing problem as well but accutane just made it worse. Hence, I used to use nizoral one day and pantene the next. So I think you getting that should be unlikely. However, I don't have any sign of dandruff now, lucky me :D

Overall, I don't think washing your hair everyday is a bad thing at all. Just depends on the person I guess. Hope it goes well for you :razz:

Guest ThereIsHope

HHHEEEYYYYY HHOOOTTTIIIEEEE!!! :wub::wub::wub:

You are my best tane friend. :cool:

I don't wash my hair everyday now but I wash it every other day. However, the first week I had some mad dandruff and that was a pre-existing problem as well but accutane just made it worse. Hence, I used to use nizoral one day and pantene the next. So I think you getting that should be unlikely. However, I don't have any sign of dandruff now, lucky me :D

Overall, I don't think washing your hair everyday is a bad thing at all. Just depends on the person I guess. Hope it goes well for you :razz:

I'll most likely wash every other day, or maybe ever couple of days, once it starts to dry out. Thanks!

HHHEEEYYYYY HHOOOTTTIIIEEEE!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

You are my best tane friend. :cool:

:wub:

Day 6

Dammit, my chin is starting to breakout again.:mad: It's not as bad as last week, yet, but I have this huge ass zit on my chin, coupled with a bunch of little whiteheads. Getting some more pimples around my mouth still. These damn zits make it so hard to eat sometimes. Skin is still super oily, and my nose has that weird sandpaper texture to it. Other than that I have yet to experience any other side effects. Is that normal? Maybe it's the Vitamin E I've been taking that's helped.

Oh, and thanks Hypersniper!

Day 7

I have whiteheads galore all over my face right now! :evil: I can't believe I went to school looking like this today. I look disgusting, but I'm trying not to touch them, for risk of spreading them. I can not tell if this is my IB or not. I also noticed today that my lips are beginning to get dry. About damn time, now I know this shit is working. I also had this weird pain in my chest and shoulder yesterday, but it wasn't there when I woke up today. Aside from that my face is still plenty greasy, and nose still feels like sandpaper. I hope these ugly ass whiteheads go down by tomorrow.:wall:

okay Dave, I DEMAND a Pic :mad:

lol Why? I look pretty fugly right now. This face will not see a camera till I'm 95-100% clear. :naughty: :razz:

Hey man, the whiteheads must suck :ninja: . Mine used to disappear fast but the sandpaper texture on my nose took freaken 3 weeks to disappear. However, I recommend leaving them alone and let the tane do its thing :dance:

Aw, I hope the whiteheads disappear soon, buddy. :comfort:

Thank You. :wub:

Hey man, the whiteheads must suck :ninja: . Mine used to disappear fast but the sandpaper texture on my nose took freaken 3 weeks to disappear. However, I recommend leaving them alone and let the tane do its thing :dance:

Yeah, that's what I was planing on doing. I don't mind the sandpaper texture as much the whiteheads, but I'll just see what happens.:whistle: