Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jakob

Either BP or moisturiser is ruining all my clothes!

I've had middle of the road acne for about 4-5 years now (I'm 21). I tried crappy washing stuff like clearasil complete for ages, but I actually think this made my skin worse. I went to the doctor in my first year at uni, and got on Minocycline (Minocin MR), I took a pill every day for 1 year, and my acne was pretty much cleared up. The doc orig said I would only need to be on it for 6 months ish, so I came of the drug. Immidiately the spots came back, and I have never been able to properlt get back on Minocin, as the doc keep going on about 'prolonged use causing liver or kidney danage'.

Nevermind, I started on the reginmen after finding this site about 15 months ago. At first I was using 'Neutrogena Clear pore wash' as the cleansing stuff, but I found this made my spots worse. Now, I don't do any more cleansing that a shower before I start the regimen, and just apply the BP straight away. Then I use 'Neutrogena Clear Pore Multi-Vitamin Moisturiser' afterwards.

Now, pink stains have been appearing on all my clothes that have been going near my face. If I lean my chin on my sleeve, then it leave a pink stain! If I take my top off, it leaves a pink stain around the collar!

My moisturiser is pink in colour, but is this the BP or the moisturiser. Can anyone reccomend a moisturiser that doesnt leave stains... I'm beginning to run out of clothes!

Just one other point, I keep on reading about people spending ages leaving the BP to absorb into the skin (I know the reccomented amount is 15 mins). But as I've got to be out of the house by 7.30 each morning, I would have to get up at a ridiculus hour to give it this much time. Time is the greatest commodity it seems for people on the regimen. I need my sleep too much to get up an hour and a half before I leave the house!!

Thanks for any advice

Guest fatman_uk

It's the BP... it bleaches clothes. Just apply it after you've got dressed then WASH your hands to make sure it's all off an you don't get any on your clothes.

It'd help if you let it dry too. Just do you wash an regimen as soon as you get up, then have your breakfast an whatever else. Either that or get up just 10mins earlier, it'll make a lot of difference.

-Gaz

I had the same problem, but since i don`t get any acne on my chin, neck and the jaw line what i do is CLEAN the BP and MOIST off with wet towel. this way there is no way any part of my shirts will touch my face. My chin used to touch my shirt but since i don`t have any BP on it it doesn`t bleach no more. :o)

you taolk about ways to stop the bleaching when you only use it on your face... i used to use benzac AC for a while and i cant actually remember how well it worked and i never had such a strict regiman and dans... which i am going to try from tomorrow( ie. i only just found this site =D> ).... my point is, what is the best way to stop bleaching of my cloths sad.gif . ie. i have faily severe acne on my chest shoulders and back.... could i wear a shirt under my cloths, rinse of after application or should i just wait till its fully dry before putting cloths on... dan please help me!!

i would say try till it is all DRY! and then put your clothes on.. #-o But i`m not sure if dry DP bleaches or not, especially when you start to sweat. :D