Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No matter what my skin looks like, no matter what disaster my love life has become, no matter what's going on in my career, no matter what a lunatic I'm being, I've got my girls. One in particular has been the sister I never had. The shit she's seen me through. I just had a flashback of the two of us in the backseat of a cab. Me, crying like a fucking baby in her lap. Then there was the time she was witness to my mother's very worst behavior. Then the time she took me to the airport knowing full well I might not come back and knowing full well that it was something I had to do. That time when she stayed up with me all night because I was convinced I took one too many pills. And tonight. She's got plenty of her own shit to deal with and she's worrying about me. Countless times that I don't think I could have made it through without her. Thank god for best friends.

No matter what my skin looks like, no matter what disaster my love life has become, no matter what's going on in my career, no matter what a lunatic I'm being, I've got my girls. One in particular has been the sister I never had. The shit she's seen me through. I just had a flashback of the two of us in the backseat of a cab. Me, crying like a fucking baby in her lap. Then there was the time she was witness to my mother's very worst behavior. Then the time she took me to the airport knowing full well I might not come back and knowing full well that it was something I had to do. That time when she stayed up with me all night because I was convinced I took one too many pills. And tonight. She's got plenty of her own shit to deal with and she's worrying about me. Countless times that I don't think I could have made it through without her. Thank god for best friends.

I'm glad to hear you have someone who supports you. Good friends are gold.

I have two friends in the world, who I can trust with anything, the rest are acquaintances. I can safely trust anything with them, knowing damn well they would never rat me out. They have been my best friends for 15 years now, i doubt I will have any better friends.

IF you don't have one best friend who you can pretty much trust with your life, you need to get one.

Real friends don't bail you out of jail, real friends will be sitting right next to you saying, damn we fucked it up this time.

I have one which I can totally trust. The rest I have known forever, and they "compete" in a bad way. With me too. But I still love em, I just can't tell them everything. and they are quite shallow, but they are good people anyways.

I have about four friends that I can totally trust. Two have moved on to different cities but they still come back and they're still my boys no matter what happens. We've all known each other since elementary school. I don't know where I'd be without them.

You're very fortunate to have friends as you have. I have friends but I can honestly say that I've never had many, whose shoulder I could cry on or one who I could confide in trustingly. It's an issue I need to work on, but I also think it's 50/50, and if one person is not putting forth their part, then the breakage of the threads is imminent. I've said to myself before, "If I could buy friends, I would go broke." I'm glad that I've never felt I had to buy their love and care because I would wind up penniless. But there is always a feeling of a void being present.

Guest flutistgurl26

I have two friends in the world, who I can trust with anything, the rest are acquaintances. I can safely trust anything with them, knowing damn well they would never rat me out. They have been my best friends for 15 years now, i doubt I will have any better friends.

IF you don't have one best friend who you can pretty much trust with your life, you need to get one.

Real friends don't bail you out of jail, real friends will be sitting right next to you saying, damn we fucked it up this time.

I have to disagree with you. A real friend is someone who sits by you in jail? No way.. to be in jail you obviously have to do something that you should not be doing. If a "friend" wants to drag you down the wrong path and send you to jail with him/her that's NOT a friend. And if a friend assists someone else in doing something wrong, that's not a friend either. Now if someone is supposed to be in jail but only their friend got caught, then that's a totally different story.

just about all my friends have all but stopped talking to me,including the ones who took accutane and made a new life for themselves and now im ready to do the same.

but i do have 3 friends left who i think understand but they dont have acne, and theres no way id want to ever talk about it with them unless its absolutly necessary.

just about all my friends have all but stopped talking to me,including the ones who took accutane and made a new life for themselves and now im ready to do the same.

but i do have 3 friends left who i think understand but they dont have acne, and theres no way id want to ever talk about it with them unless its absolutly necessary.

We'll that's also fine. Its good to have close friends, but its also ok not to have any. depends on what situation your in. Fiends are good, but you dont absolutely NEED them.

I have to disagree with you. A real friend is someone who sits by you in jail? No way.. to be in jail you obviously have to do something that you should not be doing. If a "friend" wants to drag you down the wrong path and send you to jail with him/her that's NOT a friend. And if a friend assists someone else in doing something wrong, that's not a friend either. Now if someone is supposed to be in jail but only their friend got caught, then that's a totally different story.

a real friend buys all drinks and covers your bar tab when you have no moo-lah, a real friend will wake up in the middle of the nite and pick you up cause your too drunk to drive, a real friend will cover your ass and lie to your signifcant other for you, a real friend will let you couch surf when you don't have anywhere else to crash, and a real real friend will let you be with his/her significant other when your lonely :D

Guest T-Virus

I have about 2 or 3 best friends. But my old best friend isn't my best friend anymore. Now I have new ones :dance:

Guest flutistgurl26

a real friend buys all drinks and covers your bar tab when you have no moo-lah, a real friend will wake up in the middle of the nite and pick you up cause your too drunk to drive, a real friend will cover your ass and lie to your signifcant other for you, a real friend will let you couch surf when you don't have anywhere else to crash, and a real real friend will let you be with his/her significant other when your lonely :D

wrong

Guest T-Virus

wrong

I believe that there is no single definition for what a real friend is. It depends on what kind of person you are and what kind of person they are. Some people might thank their friend for telling the police that they were dealing drugs, other people might kill them for telling the police.

eh I think you picked that up wrong. Its just an expression to say a real friend will be with ya no matter what, thats all!

a best friend is so important. Ive two and Id be lost without em, been through so much with them!!

awww....great that u have such great friends!

I love my friends to pieces and they keep me sane. I treasure my friends coz theyre always there for me, and im always there for them!

We'll that's also fine. Its good to have close friends, but its also ok not to have any. depends on what situation your in. Fiends are good, but you dont absolutely NEED them.

No. You do need friends. Friends are important people in your lives. It's true you have family, but friends are people you can do and share stuff with that you couldn't with you family, at least not in the same way. I don't have any close friends, only people I know. I wish that I did have friends like Kitty Collins. Bonding with people who are like you is very important and makes you feel like you're not alone.

Friendship is the nicest kind of love.

-Fredrick Douglas

I know what you mean.

My best friend is my sister. She gets me completely, she's amazing..

One time, like 2 weeks ago or so I called her (I'm in saratoga, shes in nyc with my oldest sister) and basically just sobbed for 3 hours on the phone. About everything. I really wanted to hurt myself that night.. but she saved me. Best friends are amazing

Oh please don't give me this ethical lecture. I'm saying a real friend would not turn his back on you if got into a shitty situation. He would not say, yeah it was all that guy. If my friend accidentally did something wrong, or committed some heinous crime, I would not be the one going to the police station that's for god damn sure.

I think what I love most about my friends is our ability to sit together on the phone and not really say anything of importance just sort of giggle about things that we've done, or said, or saw.

My friends and I have countless nicknames for each other, have seen one another in horrible and good situations and still won't judge(or if they do they offer some constructive advice)

my friends and I have gotten into trouble with and without eachother

LOL true

LOL I was totally agreeing until that last part. A real friend would be kind of grossed out by that idea, I should hope.

No. You do need friends. Friends are important people in your lives. It's true you have family, but friends are people you can do and share stuff with that you couldn't with you family, at least not in the same way. I don't have any close friends, only people I know. I wish that I did have friends like Kitty Collins. Bonding with people who are like you is very important and makes you feel like you're not alone.

Friendship is the nicest kind of love.

-Fredrick Douglas

I don't know if anyone's ever died of a lack of friends. So by that definition, they are not needed. Don't get me wrong, they sure do help! I often really do wonder what amazing thing I did in a past life to deserve them. Another one of my super amazing god-sent best friends called me the other day (she's 3000 miles away), she had really great news but didn't want to tell me because I was in the middle of a crisis. She was like "no no no. we're not talking about me. it's all about you right now." (awwwww) I finally beat it out of her. SHE'S GETTING MARRIED! AHH! LOL. Oh man. I'm so excited.

Oh please don't give me this ethical lecture. I'm saying a real friend would not turn his back on you if got into a shitty situation. He would not say, yeah it was all that guy. If my friend accidentally did something wrong, or committed some heinous crime, I would not be the one going to the police station that's for god damn sure.

I don't think she really understood the analogy.