Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gttraveling

Filler in Icepick

today my doc put restylane in an icepick i have, but it seems to have made no impact.

anyone else have this problem?

fillers work for rolling scars the best, but im wondering if it can even work for an icepick.

will try again in a month.

Fillers like Restylne when used should give immediate results, and then diminish in time.. so if you just had it and had no results, then 2 possibilities.

1. Dr didnt preform it correctly

2. Icepicks are not generally fixed by using a filler, rolling,boxcar benefit from filler.

the way to tell if a filler will work for you are not is simple. take the scar and stretch the skin from both sides if it flattens out then filler will help if not, then it wont.

today my doc put restylane in an icepick i have, but it seems to have made no impact.

fillers work for rolling scars the best, but im wondering if it can even work for an icepick.

Like you say, fillers defintely work best for rolling scars. The probem with ice pics is that they are usually quite deep. The filler would need to go between the dermis and subcutaneous tissue in some instances. And for this to work, the doctor would need to use subcision before injecting the filler or the bound down scar tissue will not raise to the surface even with the filler.

HTH :)

Dee

Wow Dee, you sound like a PhD there. hehe.

is the scar tissue located between the dermis and subcutaneous tissue? i dont quite get what you're saying.

Ive used restylane before and have seen permanent improvement from it (in a depressed scar that was not rolling but was a saucer, mildly but noticeably depressed). by permanent improvement I mean that after restylane dissipiated, i had improvement (i am not 100% sure if true or not. i had the restylane injected about 11 months ago and today the scar looks a lot better. restylane isnt supposed to last 11 months so i am guessing its all gone...).

so my thought is for icepicks it will be the same--subcission like. ill find out in december when i do it again.

of course, it could all be in my head. a lot of this scar stuff IS in our head.

Like you say, fillers defintely work best for rolling scars. The probem with ice pics is that they are usually quite deep. The filler would need to go between the dermis and subcutaneous tissue in some instances. And for this to work, the doctor would need to use subcision before injecting the filler or the bound down scar tissue will not raise to the surface even with the filler.

HTH :)

Dee