Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey! My doctor just prescribed this for me today but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this will make my scars worse or not, how long it takes to work and so on. I asked my doctor a few questions about it, but I didn't even consider my scarring until after I left.

i've been using retin-a micro gel for almost 3 weeks now. i haven't been on it long enough to notice any "filling in" of any scars, but in the long run it's actually supposed to do just that (a little bit.) it won't completely fade all your scars, but retin-a supposedly promotes collagen production or something like that which will fill in some of your scars somewhat, but again, this is in the long run (i.e.: months). they'll still be there, but less noticeable. if you do a search on here, you'll see people talking about it.

I have been on Tretinoin(Retin-A) for about a year now on and off. Consecutively i have been on the gel for about 5 months and can tell you that it DOES fill in scars. through out this past year i have seen two derms, both telling me that some of my pimples would definitely leave a little scar. None have.