Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kemper

cumulative dosage

I believe you take the dosage for each month, and multiply it by how many days there are in the month.

For example, if you're taking 40mg for 1 month, you multiply 40 by 30 and you get 1200 cumulative mg for that month. If you're taking 60mg for the remaining 4 or 5 months, depending on how many months you will be on Accutane, you do the same thing. Multiply 60 by 30 and you get 1800. Multiply 1800 by 4 and you get 7200. So on and so forth. So, for the first month and 4 months thereafter, your cumulative dosage would be 8400. I think I'm correct, but if I'm not then someone else will correct me.

120 days = 4 months.

150 days = 5 months.

I believe you take the dosage for each month, and multiply it by how many days there are in the month.

For example, if you're taking 40mg for 1 month, you multiply 40 by 30 and you get 1200 cumulative mg for that month. If you're taking 60mg for the remaining 4 or 5 months, depending on how many months you will be on Accutane, you do the same thing. Multiply 60 by 30 and you get 1800. Multiply 1800 by 4 and you get 7200. So on and so forth. So, for the first month and 4 months thereafter, your cumulative dosage would be 8400. I think I'm correct, but if I'm not then someone else will correct me.

120 days = 4 months.

150 days = 5 months.

And then you divide your final number by your weight right? to get MG/K so you can figure out the 150mg/kg range?

good question! not sure if it's been posted much before, which is strange since everyone says it's your cumulative dosage is what matters right?

so for me if I add up all the months (of mg X 30) and divide by weight, I get 136. I think this is good since it's supposed to be around 120-150.

"Studies have shown that a cumulative dose between 120 – 150mg / Kg will result in a longer period of remission as compared to stopping when acne is first brought under control."

cool!

Keep in mind that sometimes you can clear on an even lower cumulative dose - during my last course i didn't even come close to hitting that mark, even if i used the lower weight that i was by the end of the course for the calculation.

Keep in mind that sometimes you can clear on an even lower cumulative dose - during my last course i didn't even come close to hitting that mark, even if i used the lower weight that i was by the end of the course for the calculation.

true! even though I haven't done it, I'm a fan of the low dose accutane as well, it seems to work really well for the people on it.

ok so if im right then

i weight 74 kg

mnth 1 60mg * 30 = 1800mg

mnth 2 60mg * 30 = 1800mg

mnth 3 60mg * 30 = 1800mg

mnth 4 80mg * 30 = 2400mg

mnth 5 80mg * 30 = 2400mg

mnth 6 120mg *30= 3600mg

-------

total 13200 mg / 74 = 178 mg per kg?

is this correct? this is way over teh 12 - 150 dose, so i geuss its good as well then? did i calculate this correctly?

Whoa! Wait a second...crxsi777 is dividing the cumlative dosage by weight in kg. I'm divding by lbs. What should we divide by? Which is correct? Or are both of them correct to use? Because I'm divinding my possible cumulative dosing by lbs and getting a very low total cumulative dosing.

Whoa! Wait a second...crxsi777 is dividing the cumlative dosage by weight in kg. I'm divding by lbs. What should we divide by? Which is correct? Or are both of them correct to use? Because I'm divinding my possible cumulative dosing by lbs and getting a very low total cumulative dosing.

It is kg/mg so definitely divide by kilograms. FYI 2.2 kg = 1lb.

It is kg/mg so definitely divide by kilograms. FYI 2.2 kg = 1lb.

Jamielynn, you mean mg/kg, not kg/mg of course :angel:

To Chacham: divide your total dose taken by your weight in KG like she said. If you've divided by weight in pounds, simply multiply that number by 2.2. Your "very low" number will magically be more than twice as large ... and will be accurate!

Same here: I've taken it twice (now on my third), both times with a cumulative dose of around 60-65 mg/kg which is 1/2 of the currently recommended dosage. Both times, it cleared me up within a couple of months and total remission for many years. (10-12 years between courses).

I do, however, think that if the earlier courses had been twice as much (i.e. recommended cumulative dose), I would have possibly had a "permanent" cure. But I'm happy with the results from the lower dosage.