Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellokittygirl

why do zits show up in certain areas?

why do zits always show up in certain areas...for example, i think pre-menstrual acne shows up along the jawline, chin area...but what about the other parts of your face...does a certain location indicate a certain problem. i always get zits between my eyebrows...which is the worst possible place to get it...i wonder why it does that??? :wall:

It seems like everyone gets acne in different places, I only get it around my jawline and cheeks, never on my nose or between my eyebrows or anything.

Maybe it just depends on your skin type, I have combination skin and some parts of my skin are great, some are really dry and some parts are really oily. I get most of my blemishes on the dry parts.

I have no idea why that happens, maybe it also depends on factors such as where you clean your skin the most? I seem to really concentrate on my chin and the sides of my nose for some reason without really even thinking about it. I don't think acne shows up on parts of your face because of certain problems like diet or anything, but maybe... I searched around for info on that and couldn't actually find anything.

Really good question!

I have no idea, but I've always wondered about that, too. Do you ever get a matching pair? This is ridiculous, but a lot of times I get a zit on one side of my face and the next day I have a matching one on the other side, like the exact same coordinates. It's like to add insult to injury! Maybe it's our body trying to balance itself, lol.

Where acne forms is not always coincidence. Where acne develops has been known to be related to your age, and your genetics. You'll probably develop acne at the same places and same time frame as other family members if they had it.

I have no idea, but I've always wondered about that, too. Do you ever get a matching pair? This is ridiculous, but a lot of times I get a zit on one side of my face and the next day I have a matching one on the other side, like the exact same coordinates. It's like to add insult to injury! Maybe it's our body trying to balance itself, lol.

I couldnt agree more! this always happens to me

yes yes yes...this happens to me too. at the moment, i have a pimple on each temple....LOL. it's crazy. plus once i had one show up near my right eyebrow then another one show up right next to the left eyebrow. it's embarassing to have symmetrical zits. man, our body does crazy things. :doh: