Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i was living in a flat with someone for a while in a pleasent subarb outside the city, where people generally have more money and an aestheticaly better life and i found that people for the most part got on with their lives and didnt bother me about my acne, its the same when i spend the summer in a rural part of the county with relatives... but recently i ran into financial difficulty as a student and have been living back with my mother where i grew up in quite a run down, urban horrible suburb to be honest, full of gangs and all the rest, and i find that i get an awful time now about my acne, granted it has been getting worse-my skin, but i mean ive been stopped by gangs of people and ridiculed and to be honest i feer walking the streets not for what people say but because i feel i might be attacked again like i was before i moved out of this area...even when i use public transport in the area people have said pretty nasty things to my face, and i mean i can handle people looking at me all day, im used to that, but you know, no one deserves to ive in actual fear you know..

anyway, im not feeling sory for myself or anything because i generally dont for the most part but has anyone else experienced a situtaion similar to this in any way?

Isn't it amazing what hateful bile ignorance and self loathing can brew? BTW Mega kudos for not being down about it. All you are experiencing is people who are losers trying to find a reason why you aren't better than them. It's universal. Rise above it and you'll be fine. Let it drag you down, and well life can be a tough enough road as it is. Bully's are simply trying to provoke you into something so they have an excuse to fight.

I think in general people don't care about acne, unless they have it. It's kinda like if you become interested in a particular auto. Before your interest you didn't see many of them. After the interest you see them everywhere you go. Why is that? They were thre before, it's just that your interest has opened your eye to them. Same with just about anything. Fashion, pets, hair and yes acne.

Isn't it amazing what hateful bile ignorance and self loathing can brew? BTW Mega kudos for not being down about it. All you are experiencing is people who are losers trying to find a reason why you aren't better than them. It's universal. Rise above it and you'll be fine. Let it drag you down, and well life can be a tough enough road as it is. Bully's are simply trying to provoke you into something so they have an excuse to fight.

I think in general people don't care about acne, unless they have it. It's kinda like if you become interested in a particular auto. Before your interest you didn't see many of them. After the interest you see them everywhere you go. Why is that? They were thre before, it's just that your interest has opened your eye to them. Same with just about anything. Fashion, pets, hair and yes acne.

very well said schilleville, and thanks... Yes you kind of mature over the years and develop various coping mechanisms, in particular i think when something you have forces you to deal with certain issues more often that you probably would if you didnt possess that certain thing about you...

Yeh, I study psychology so im aware of these behaviours in people, its just interesting how different demographics -be it as i've found, different places in the one city with different social circumstances can result in such extremes of social norms in behaviour be it positively or negatively... hmmm

It's the learned ability to cope, that allows people to rise above and succeed. How successful would those in the affluent area be capable of if their method of coping was to lash out in anger and hatred? Not very, rage in the workplace is a bad thing. Meanwhile in the country the lifestyle is much more laid back and slow.

To sum it up in another way, it's not the area of the city that dictates the attitude of the people, but the attitude of the people that dictate the the area of the city. Successful people skills and coping skills in the successful areas. Low success, and poor coping skills etc...etc...

It's all a matter of acceptance, acceptance of oneself 1st and foremost.

Those people are like crabs in a box. If you were to put a bunch of crabs in a box, when one tries to escape, the others grab on to it to pull it back in. They hate to see other people succeed; they loathe it. That is why they try to bring you down. People in communities like that hardly ever move away because they have been preconditioned to believe that there is nothing better beyond their world, or that they would never be worthy of anything beyond their world. It is great that you can see above that, best of luck!

Round here we've got a lot of kids who hang around in huge crowds down at the high street. I kind of have a fear inside of walking past them down there, because I know they're likely to say something nasty. My heart starts beating fast, my body switches to panic mode everytime I pass a large group of people like that. They're the type who'll try and shout abuse at any person they see, regardless of what they look like or how they act. So I'm kind of an easy target because of my skin :confused: I've walked past them before to have them shout 'Eurgh' and various things aimed at my skin. It's just the waiting for them to shout something that makes me nervous. I just want to be left alone minding my own business.. is that too much to ask? :doubt:

It doesn't actually get to me at all though for more than a few seconds weirdly. It hurts at first but, I just try my best to forget it and put it behind me. I just sort of pity them for being so idiotic and laugh to myself. I think it's because I know that they'd have probably said something like that, whatever I looked like or even if I was the prettiest girl in the world. But it does make me boil up inside, like how fucking dare they be so deliberately hurtful to someone y'know? especially to a complete stranger who's done nothing to them. But I have to just walk past and ignore them. You've just got to rise above them and laugh to yourself because karmas gonna come back and bite them on the arse. It's the only thing you can do. Sometimes I'll give a smirk because when you think about it, our acne is gonna clear up but their stupidity and ignorance will probably be stuck with them forever. They're the ones with the problem, not me... I didn't ask for this so they're just going to have to put up with seeing it.

I feel sorry for them because they can't see the true things that really matter, like the fact that it's ultimately what's underneath your skin that counts, it's not about what clothes you wear or who you hang around with and all the superficial crap like that. When you're lying on your deathbed who actually cares about those things? if they wanna live their lives making fun at others and living like clones of each other, feeding off people's insecurities then they can go ahead and waste their lives. Good on you for rising above them ;) don't let these fucktards bring you down.

so yes, you can say that these unsavoury characters are to be found in most walks of life, but i would agree that in areas with higher rates of unstable families/poverty these types of personalities are bred more rapidly (literally :lol: ..think teenage pregnancy :ninja: ); the products of which - eg gangs of neanderthalic ingnoramuses are certainly more prevalent.

i've had some nasty encounters with these type of morons a few years back.

at the time it was nothing to do with my skin, but an equally stupid reason, i think i was wearing a nirvana tshirt. they aren't necessarily more predjudiced against people with acne, they look for ANY kind of difference whatsoever. they project their own insecurities outwards in the form of attacking anyone they see as different to them and their clan.

it might sound a little simplistic, but i think it really is one of those cases where 'they weren't hugged enough as a child' is a major factor. then there's the peer pressure added in. within these groups there might be only a few truly 'bad seeds'.. but theyre most likely the dominant ones, and the followers, or sheep, are too afraid to speak out in protest despite what they feel - for fear of being targeted themselves.

i don't think this problem will ever end.