Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandolynn

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

After talking to Mandy, I decided to try out the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream.

It comes in a large tub and is pretty thick, well, VERY thick. But it does an excellent job of moisturizing if you don't mind the thickness of it and the shine. It hasn't broken me out, which I admit I am quite shocked about, lol. But this is a good heavy-duty moisturizer if you are just really super dry and really need some top-notch thick hydrating stuff, this is it! It does not have any spf, btw. If you are very oily you probably won't like this much, but if you are just needing something to relieve the dryness, this will do it.

IPB Image

It comes in a large tub and is pretty thick, well, VERY thick. But it does an excellent job of moisturizing if you don't mind the thickness of it and the shine. It hasn't broken me out, which I admit I am quite shocked about, lol. But this is a good heavy-duty moisturizer if you are just really super dry and really need some top-notch thick hydrating stuff, this is it! It does not have any spf, btw. If you are very oily you probably won't like this much, but if you are just needing something to relieve the dryness, this will do it.

IPB Image

haha AMEN!

I swear by this stuff.... but just for at night. Your right, it is really thick and leaves alot of shine. but it moisterizes pretty well.. and i dont think my breakouts are beause of this product. Mine comes in a tube though...

IPB Image

just dont try and use it under makeup.... its so moisterizing it will make your makeup slide off lol

[attachmentid=6778]I have been a Cetaphil moisturizer user forever.... it is the ONLY moisturizer that doesn't break me out (more) because it has absolutely no junk in it, no color, no fragrance..... The moisturizers mentioned above are great and yes they are very thick and shiny. I use those for my body and sometimes at night if I am super dry. But Cetaphil does make another daily moisturizer to use during the day and under make-up. It's not nearly as thick and doesn't leave that shiny/greasy look. Of course, always remember to wait at least 10 minutes after applying lotion before you apply your make-up!

post-50638-1164209789_thumb.jpg

post-50638-1164209789_thumb.jpg

I twirl around like a happy forest elf because Cetaphil is uber gentle and I've been using it for years.

I've just never used it in a 1,2,3 combo punch like DKR.But now I am!

Thanks again DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Nice, I was thinking a week ago to ask from the Pros here about the two moisturizers. Im currently on Dan's regimen for a month now and my current moisturizer is neutrogena spf15 which I think didnt help my flakiness at all. So Im trying to choose from these two products. From the product ratings, I read that the cetaphil lotion tends to be very oily after you applied it. How about on the cetaphil cream? Have you used both of these moisturizer? Whats the difference??? One of the ingredient in the cetaphil cream is Lactic Acid which we all know is a form of AHA, which I think is recommended if you're on the regimen for more than 1 month.

Hope to hear from the Pros. Im trying to pick from these two.... By the way Im from the Philippines, these are the only good moisturizers available here. Thanks in advance :)

ben wallace,

They are both pretty shiny, imo. Especially if you have oily skin. But you can't beat the hydration of these two.

If you prefer a lotion with a pump, then go with the bottle of lotion. The cream comes in a large tub which can be messy, although I think there is a tiny tube that is similar.

I've used them both and they both hydrate well. The only downside is that they are shiny. But you can blot that off easily enough.

Dan prefers the lotion, btw.

I have been using the cetaphil moisturizer also. Very heavy duty stuff. Does make you look like a grease monkey but who cares.

I had to go back to using this caues i still have my tube of it from the first time I tried it.

I don't like it, yeah it keeps me from drying out but it makes my skin feel disgusting but it is the only thing that keeps me from drying completely out but i still have a big flake problem.

Has anyone tried adding Jobba oil to it and seeing if takes the shine or more of the flakes away?

300.jpg

Anyone know why the lotion doesn’t say anywhere on the packaging it is ‘non-comedogenic’?

Mm Interesting, I bought a bottle of the green Cetaphil Moisturising lotion today and it hasn’t got ‘non-comedogenic' anywhere on the bottle or box. (Im in Australia). It has a list of things at the back of he bottle and says amongst other things '...Wont clog pores...Dermatological tested...etc - but not 'non-comedogenic'. :doubt:

ah -- "non-comedogenic" is just a term that means "won't clog pores" (literally, won't cause comedones). packaging is often area-specific though, just for marketing purposes, and it may say that on our packaging just be because the expression "non-comedogenic" is more popular in the States.

incidentally, lately i see a lot of products here that say "won't clog pores," simply because some people might not know what the term "non-comedogenic" means. or sometimes it will say both, just to be sure.

it's the same thing though... should be alright! :)

not to be negative, but just to add my experience. the cetaphil cream did turn me red. took me a while to figure it out since i kept applying it to fight the increasing redness. once i stopped it went down a lot. diff products work for diff ppl is the moral of the story

I bought the Cetaphil Lotion and started using it Thursday, as my Neutrogena-oil free ran out.

I gotta say, it’s really really good at moisturising and I like how thick it is, it feels like your really doing you skin good. However, I have naturally oily-skin and as mentioned above it has really made me greasy. Its frustrating as its perfect at moisturising (unlike the Neutrogena, which was taking nearly 20 mins to apply - this takes just minutes), but I might have to stop using simple due to the shiny-ness - it looks like you could fry an egg on my head its that bad. Lol I'll see if my skin adapts to it though for a few weeks.

I'd recomend though!!

^ I use jojoba too, only I apply 5 drops to my damp face after cleansing and before BP. Then apply moisturizer as usual.

^ I use jojoba too, only I apply 5 drops to my damp face after cleansing and before BP. Then apply moisturizer as usual.

Brandy,

Where can I purchase jojoba oil?

I bought the Cetaphil Lotion and started using it Thursday, as my Neutrogena-oil free ran out.

I gotta say, it’s really really good at moisturising and I like how thick it is, it feels like your really doing you skin good. However, I have naturally oily-skin and as mentioned above it has really made me greasy. Its frustrating as its perfect at moisturising (unlike the Neutrogena, which was taking nearly 20 mins to apply - this takes just minutes), but I might have to stop using simple due to the shiny-ness - it looks like you could fry an egg on my head its that bad. Lol I'll see if my skin adapts to it though for a few weeks.

I'd recomend though!!

yea, it's great at hydrating, but leaves quite a shine. My personal favorite moisturizers that don't leave too much of a shine on my oily skin are Moisturel and Lac-Hydrin Five. I switch back and forth between these two all the time because I like them both.

Brandy,

Healthfood stores and drugstore.com also has it.

Brandy,