Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kemper

Which type of moisturizer?

I have the Nutrogena Combination skin moisturizer. I've used it before Accutane and noticed it has this tingling affect once you put it on.

Is there some sort of chemical in it that cleans your face which will damage or hurt my skin since I've been taking accutane?

By the way, I use the Cetaphil moisturizer at night because its very heavy and you can tell im wearing it where as the Neutrogena one can go unnoticed, thats why I'm asking.

Thanks once again guys!

Well, I have to tell you. I use this amazing stuff for my face (I'm on Accutane). It's from Clinique and it's called Superdefense. It's incredibly moisturizing and it doesn't look greasy at all. Also it has a broad spectrum SPF 25 in it, which is outrageously good for a facial moisturizer, and a super plus for those on Accutane. It costs about $42.00, but before you buy it, you can go to the Clinique counter and ask for a free sample, which should last you about two and a half weeks. Good luck!

hey Kemper,

I've been on accutane for a week now, and I use Neutrogena Combination skin moisturizer also. Seems to work fine for me. I usually add some jojoba oil to it when applying it in the morning as it protects me against flaking, and just on its own at night.

Hope ur treatment goes well!

Neutrogena oil free was recommended to me by my derm and it I’ve found it works fantastically. However before Accutane I used Clinique Superdefense, the only reason I stoped using this was because of the price. Either way, both moisturisers for fine for me and do a superb job.

Guest been13years

I love Dove Deep Moisture Facial Cream spf 15 for day and night. It's whipped and light, has a fresh light scent, is extremely gentle, and never stings. Love it. It's my new favorite. I highly recommend it for anyone on tane.