Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AutonomousOne1980

Went to derm today, Didnt get accutane

So my derm says my acne isnt that bad and says he will never prescribe accutane for a mild case, but my acne is far from mild as far as im concerned.

Im not breaking out that bad right now but i have plenty of scars and divits in my skin to show that my face is still an active battle ground for acne. even with my topicals.I have one solid lump of something on the side of my forehead that has been there for three months and the starting of a cyst on my chin which may or may not turn into something huge. and two medium sized huge pimples.

And this has been going on far too long like 12 years now im 26 years old for god sakes and i dont know when my skin is going to look likeshit and my life revovles around to what degree my face looks like shit. but he didnt want to hear any of it just kept cutting me off and feeding me hes bull about a stronger and better tretinoin gel, bla bla.

This guy did not want to hear anything i had to say, i didnt even get into telling him about the studies ive read that justify giving accutane to (mild moderate cases). Im sure he kept cutting me off for a reason, hes knows im a little down about my condition and maybe a little depressed/deeply depressed depending on how bad im breaking out, and that im a little passive, he wants to make me his bitch.

And another thing, ive seen many pics of people on this site with better acne then me go on accutane. So i think this guys is just trying to see how dumb i am so hopefully ill be his little bitch that throws money at him to support his unethical dermatology practice.

So i guess ill be calling all the derms in the city.Any tips on finding the right derm would be great.

So my derm says my acne isnt that bad and says he will never prescribe accutane for a mild case, but my acne is far from mild as far as im concerned.

Im not breaking out that bad right now but i have plenty of scars and divits in my skin to show that my face is still an active battle ground for acne. even with my topicals.I have one solid lump of something on the side of my forehead that has been there for three months and the starting of a cyst on my chin which may or may not turn into something huge. and two medium sized huge pimples.

And this has been going on far too long like 12 years now im 26 years old for god sakes and i dont know when my skin is going to look likeshit and my life revovles around to what degree my face looks like shit. but he didnt want to hear any of it just kept cutting me off and feeding me hes bull about a stronger and better tretinoin gel, bla bla.

This guy did not want to hear anything i had to say, i didnt even get into telling him about the studies ive read that justify giving accutane to (mild moderate cases). Im sure he kept cutting me off for a reason, hes knows im a little down about my condition and maybe a little depressed/deeply depressed depending on how bad im breaking out, and that im a little passive, he wants to make me his bitch.

And another thing, ive seen many pics of people on this site with better acne then me go on accutane. So i think this guys is just trying to see how dumb i am so hopefully ill be his little bitch that throws money at him to support his unethical dermatology practice.

So i guess ill be calling all the derms in the city.Any tips on finding the right derm would be great.

What a bummer. I love my derm. I found him by doing a google search for derms in my area. I really liked his website and the credentials he has. The first time I went to him, he recommended accutane for me. I wasn't ready, but a year later, finally decided to try it. He was more than happy to start me on it.

I'm thrilled with my results. My acne was mild to moderate, but persistent for 20 years.

When you see a new doc. list the antibiotics and topicals you've used. (Be liberal with this!). Make it CLEAR to him/her that your acne is a serious problem for you and that you've made a good faith effort at solving the problem, and now you want to go on accutane. Don't ask, request it.

I believe you'll be surprised. Most dermatologists are pretty willing to try it without a lot of messing around. Go for it and good luck.

Keep doing what you're doing. Call every derm in the city until you find one that is liberal about prescribing 'tane. They should tell you this right over the phone. That's how I found mine.

First I called around to find a derm who is open to ordering it. Then I wrote down the long long list of useless shit I've used over my 20+ yrs of suffering and showed it to him & he said I dunno why you were never put on Tane way back.

You have persistent acne therefore you DO qualify for Tane. Find new doc and forget this idiot.