Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
el oh el

How bad was your skin starting this regimen?

Just as the title says, how bad was your skin doing when you started this regimen?

Ive been using 10% bp stuff for a while now, so I thought I would handle this regimen full title. For the past few days Ive been doing this, and my skin HURTS =/

It peels like crazy, I can barely open my mouth to eat because my skin feels tight, and it just plain stings. I just read the Starting up problems people have, and I read about people doing what I did. Starting full title. Wish I had read that before I started!

I was about to get on here posting whether or not being acne free was worth this torture (constantly worrying wheither my face is peeling at school), but I see it was my nmistake, so on I go.

So Im just curious, how was all of yours skin when you started out doing this? Has it gotten better (peeling wise)?

Thanks for any comments.

I use a lot of lotion so the peeling isn't bad. AND since using the BP(although I only use the recommended 2.5%) I've noticed that the shineyness(spl) isn't as bad either. I reah somewhere that your face will produce more oil to combat dryness but hey it's getting to a nice even steven keel here...

My face had three main problem spots...

Both sides of my mouth and the upper part of my lip(bad and sick and wrong and NO)

GROSS!

But I had the little tiny zits on the forehead too....

I'm proud to say I only have five active spots that I can see...

And when they come up they die fairly quickly

AHAHAHAAHHAHA die take that

wooot!!!

I have crazy sensitive skin and I also made the mistake of using too much BP too soon. Because I was already using Proactiv I thought my skin was used to BP, yea i was wrong haha. I back-tracked to using a 1/4 of BP on my finger and have been on the Regimen for 36 days and am only up to a little over half of my finger now. yes i'm going really slow with it but my skin has been responding well.

when i started i had mild acne--about 6 rather big pimples and lots of scattered redmarks along cheeks, chin, and jawline. now i have 2 active pimples (both pretty small), and the redmarks on my cheeks have faded a bit. they're still on the chin and jawline though but fading :razz: Skin has never been smoother since adding jojoba oil in with my moisturizer and i go from having a new zit every other day to having one like every 5-6 days. and usually i only break out because of my own stupidity i.e. touching my face :doh:

I started with 10% BP before I got to know about acne.org

I only used it at night, as this one was white, and not transparent.

I didn't get very dry, but a bit. Think I used moisturizer.

Then I got hang of Dan's BP, and I started to dry out some. Started with almost full dose, as my skin was pretty used to BP.

I've never had serious problems with peeling - thank God!

ugh, my face was disgusting. I was using 10% BP, and it wasnt working, as i would have abou 12-15 active spots with red marks, and since my face was peeling, it looked even worse. There were times where i wouldnt even care about the acne, i just needed to stop the peeling. I gave up 10% BP and looked for something else, which is how i was brought here.

Before I started Dan's regimen, I had a medium amount of large pimples, some with white heads, some just red heads; one or two huge pimples with no white heads; and a lot of small pimples with whiteheads. i'm sure some have different names like pastules and pustulates but i don't know how to classify them so i just call them all pimples, but yeah, all that, plus my face was red all over. oh, and pretty much every pore was a black head.

now, i have a few pimples at a time, left over red spots, and minor redness. plus since using jojoba oil before BP, black heads are at a minimum. the regimen saved me.

When I started using it my skin would be as dry as a bone in the mornings, I could rub it and see flakes falling like snow, so I just wiped them of and applied moisturiser.

A few months later I only need to use the BP once a day, I use no moisturiser at all, and get no drying.